Ended Generalist Field Officer
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an independent, neutral organization ensuring humanitarian protection and assistance for victims of war and armed violence. Please visit www.icrc.org for more information.
The ICRC is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of:
Generalist Field Officer
Contract type : Open Ended
Number of Posts : 1 Post
Duty Station Sanaa office (SAC)
The Field Officer 2 contributes to the identification, implementation and monitoring of several ICRC projects in different fields of activities within the structure, in coordination with the structure's management. Depending on the context, it can cover Field, Protection, Assistance, Cooperation, Communication or others activities, contributing to the representation of the ICRC at local level.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Contributes to implementation, or at times directly implements, and follow-up of various field activities, in accordance with objectives;
- Monitors the humanitarian environment and needs, and the analysis of the security, socio-economic, cultural and political environment relevant to the ICRC, sharing relevant information with colleagues and reports any change in the situation as per the structure's communication flow.
- Collects, compiles, translates/interprets information in relation with the projects and contributes to written reporting • Facilitates and contributes to the work of delegates or other specialists, either internally or externally (internal or external meetings with authorities at local level, briefings on ICRC field activities, etc)
- Contributes to the development of the structure's network or of own network of contacts with local stakeholders.
- Participates to field missions, which can at times be carried out independently
- May ensure administrative and financial follow up after field missions
- High school or University degree or relevant professional experience;
- In addition to the native language, fluent knowledge of English or French (or Arabic, Spanish or Russian according to the context)
- Computer literacy
- Staff Integration Program
- suite, SharePoint and IBM Lotus Notes.
- Valid manual driving license
Professional Experience Required
•Typically 3-5 years confirmed relevant internal/ external experience supporting projects and programs in similar fields.
- People management
- Team work & Collaboration
- Representing the ICRC
- Beneficiary & Client focused
Please send your applications by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
indicating in the subject line: Generalist Field Officer
Applications with no clear indication of the subject will not be considered
Deadline to send your application: 20.07.2018