Ended Programme Associate
For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children's survival, protection and development. The world's largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
If you are a committed, creative Yemeni and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world's leading child rights organization. UNICEF would like to hear from you.
Post Title : Programme Associate (for Yemeni Nationals Only)
Contract type : Fixed Term Appointment
Level of Post : GS6
Number of Posts : 1 Post
Duty Station : Ibb
Duration : 1 year, renewable
Under the supervision and guidance of the Health & Nutrition Specialist-P3, the programme assistant supports the respective section through providing a range of procedural, administrative, and operational support in developing, implementing, executing and monitoring the Social Inclusion Outcome of the country programme, ensuring effective and timely delivery that is consistent with UNICEF rules and regulations.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support to programme development, planning and execution.
- Support to monitoring and reporting of programme results
- Support in resource mobilization
- Support in knowledge management and capacity building
Support to programme development, planning and execution.
- Researches, analyzes, verifies, synthesizes and compiles qualitative and quantitative data and information from a variety of sources on subject matters relevant to the work of the section to facilitate preparation of reports, working papers, and presentations.
- Drafts project documents, work plans, budgets, proposals on implementation arrangements.
- Carries out transactions in VISION ensuring programme results, activities and programme coding are as per rolling work plans (RWPs), and makes amendments and alterations as per section revisions when necessary.
- Monitors and tracks the efficient distribution of supplies that are required for effective programme delivery.
Support to monitoring and reporting of programme results
- Prepares monitoring and reporting information for supervisor on agreed performance indicators to drive more efficient management and accountability for results.
- Monitors budgets and financial expenditures of section, ensuring compliance with UNICEF rules and regulations, keeping supervisor informed and advised on actions for decision/follow up.
Support in resource mobilization
- Researches, analyzes, verifies, and synthesizes data and information in support of preparing reports pertaining to donors (both current and potential).
- Researches, analyzes, verifies, and synthesizes data and information to assist in the preparation of periodic or ad-hoc financial reports relating to country office and donors to support the office in optimizing use of programme funds.
- Carries out transactions in VISION pertaining to grants for his/her section such as registering grant allotments and tracking expiring programme grants.
4. Support in Knowledge Management and capacity building
- Researches, analyzes, verifies and synthesizes information on best practices and lessons learnt to support knowledge development and capacity building
- Supports capacity development activities related to performance monitoring, programme development, and related internal UNICEF systems/tools by preparing training materials and participating on exercises pertaining to program processes and procedures which aim to build capacity of stakeholders.
QUALIFICATION AND COMPETENCIES:
Completion of secondary education, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to the work of the organization.
A minimum of 6 years of progressively responsible administrative or clerical work experience is required.
Fluency in English and in the local language of the duty station required.
i) Core Values (Required)
- Diversity and Inclusion
ii) Core Competencies (Required)
- Communication [II]
- Working with People [II]
- Drive for Results [II]
Functional Competencies (Required)
- Analyzing [II]
- Planning and Organizing [II]
- Applying Technical Expertise [II]
- Following Instructions and Procedures [II]
If you meet the requirements stated above, please apply through the below link: (not later than 17 July, 2018):
While UNICEF seeks to recruit the best talent in the Yemeni labor market to be able to deliver the best possible services for the children in Yemen, we would like to make it clear that we never use any third party in any of the recruitment processes for all junior and senior positions advertised. All received applications are treated with high level of transparency and professionalism. Only applicants whose profiles meet the advertised job requirements are considered and only within the announced deadline.
في حين تسعى اليونيسف لإستقطاب أفضل الكوادر في السوق اليمنية لتتمكن من تقديم أفضل خدمة للأطفال في اليمن، تود التنويه إلى أنها لا تستعين بأي شخص أو جهة (قد يقدم نفسهـ/ـا) كوسيط أو طرف ثالث في أي من عمليات التوظيف وفيما يخص جميع الوظائف، باستثناء الإعلان عبر وسائل الإعلام والمواقع الإليكترونية. إن اليونيسف، منظمة الطفولة، تعمل بمستوى عال من الشفافية والمهنية. ولا يتم التواصل إلا مع المتقدمين الذين توافقت مؤهلاتهم وخبراتهم مع الوظائف المعلن عنها والتي تقدموا لها في الموعد المعلن.
UNICEF, is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization. UNICEF is a smoke-free environment.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted