IT Assistant This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
The IT Assistant is responsible for the management and overseeing all IT operations for the Aden-Lahj Field Office, he will be directly responsible for insuring all save the children systems are up and running and all the IT polices are implemented.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: IT Coordinator
Reporting to: None.
Budget responsibility: None.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
IT Related Issues:
• Responsible for all the IT operations in all the Southern region Aden-Lahj including guest houses and warehouses.
• Perform necessary user services and support to all SCI staff including (Hardware/Software troubleshooting, staff supervision and devices installment and fixing like Printers-ADSLs-Fax-Photocopiers).
• Make sure that all the systems are protected from Computer viruses by installing and updating the AV systems in all the SCI computers and laptops.
• Maintain SCI IT policies
• Act in alignment with user needs and system functionality to contribute to organizational policy
• Manage staff by recruiting, training and coaching employees, communicating job expectations and appraising their performance
• Maintain detailed inventory on IT system in South area and share with Area IT coordinator monthly.
• Send monthly report to IT coordinator includes work plans
• Ensure security of data, network access and backup systems.
• Identify problematic areas and implement strategic solutions in time
• Travelling to the field offices regularly in order to fix their problems and help the program staff with all the issues they are facing.
• Support and Supervise the IT systems in the field offices
• Ensure that the SCI servers are running all the time to facilitate the work for the data entry staff.
Logistics ,Programs and communications:
• Help the logistics/Program staff in any technical/IT related purchase by specify the minimum requirement in the PRs and analysing offers in any technical purchase committee.
• Helping the program staff and other department to prepare for any extra activities like conferences, meetings or negotiating for developing websites.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Diploma in computer sciences or IT (Certificates like MCITP is a plus).
• 3 Year experience working in IT department for a medium to large skill organization or business.
• Very good working knowledge in technologies like (LAN, WAN, DHCP, VPN, IP, Wireless devices, IP Cameras, CCTV, Servers, Backup devices).
• Strong experience on fixing computer problems and devices for laptops, desktops, Printers, Photocopiers, ADSLs, Firewall and Scanners.
• Welling to travel as needed to all our field offices in regular bases.
• Good reporting skills, Good communications-Training skills.
• Highly organized and working well under pressure.
• Fluent in writing and speaking of English and Arabic.
• Commitment to Save the Children values.
• Has a good experience in electrical works
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
• No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
• All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
• Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
We are looking for people with enthusiasm and commitment to improve the protection and promotion of the rights of all children and to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Save the Children International seeks to always be a child safe organization through fulfilling its obligations to the community and through programme implementation carried out by the organization for safeguarding children and to improve the living standards of the child.”
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply.
Deadline for submitting applications: 20 Oct 2021.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Location : Aden
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Closing Date: Oct 20, 2021
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل