Project Assistant This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Terms of Reference
Reports to: Project Manager.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
A humanitarian, independent, non-profit, non-governmental organization that works across Yemen. The organization provides direct assistance for conflict-affected populations, IDPs, host communities and vulnerable groups in the conflict areas. The organization, in partnership with international agencies, takes action during crisis situations, and goes the extra mile to engage in other contexts where its competencies will add value. The organization promotes durable solutions for conflict-affected populations and helps to restore services, education, economic, wellbeing and health.
The job of Project Assistant is established for the purpose/s of providing administrative and programmatic support to assigned administrative personnel of Community shielding health project; coordinating activities of assigned administrative personnel; monitoring assigned activities; and providing information, recommendations and/or direction as requested by assigned administrator.
The Project Assistant will assist the Project Manager as well as other department staff in carrying out high-level project development, research and analysis, advocacy, organizing, negotiations, communications, coalition building, organizational leadership, management and fund raising. The post holder will need to deliver effective, highly competent project’s support and consistently deliver in a person-centered environment which promotes positive relationships.
- Follow up with all Field coordinators in order to obtain information regarding the activity’s implementation, recruited Community based networks, monthly progress report and challenges updates report.
- Create a database via Excel or program management system to register the newly recruited community shielding networks in subdistricts level and update it in a regular manner.
- Prepare, develop and update job contracts for all community-based networks in the supported health facilities and monthly timesheets.
- Upload monthly health figures of all community-based networks to HIS and donor platform,
- Assists other team members in preparing and formatting documents, including, reports, proposals, plans and PowerPoint presentations;
- Assists assigned managers and team members by maintaining calendars, receiving and composing communications as correspondence, and replies to inquiries.
- Handles preparations, scheduling, logistics, and other various requirements for field mission’s travel.
- Draft budgets and donor reports with direction from managers and head of programs.
- Keep records of all information related to project for documentation, clarification and presentation to management
- Processes financial documents including contracts, expense reports, invoices, etc.
- Writes routine reports and correspondence, and assists with the development of project materials.
- Acts as the main contact person during the absence of project manager, following-up on any emergencies with appropriate staff, and sharing workload with other projects' staff.
- Work with programs and projects staff at central level and at sub-levels, collaborating with writers, professional photographers, graphic designers and others technicians to ensure that quality content is produced, documented and released.
- Assists in the orientation of new staff, interns, research fellows and consultants by providing them with the necessary documents and materials for orientation.
- Works with other projects team members to coordinate work activities, meet deadlines, and provide support where needed.
- Monitors a variety of activities on behalf of assigned manager for the purpose of achieving goals and meeting target dates.
- Participates in a variety of meetings, workshops, and/or trainings for the purpose of providing or receiving information, recording minutes, and supporting the needs of the attendees
- Organizes meetings and events.
- Compiles data from a variety of sources (e.g. work orders, budget reports, specialized reports, personnel records, etc.) for the purpose of complying with financial, legal, reporting and/or administrative requirements
- Assist Communications and Programs staff in creating and recording durable, memorable high resolutions images and filming for documentary as and when required.
- Works with and maintains data management and filing for projects/program.
- Serves as an administrator of work product with other projects/departments, i.e. finance, project development, research and MEAL, etc.
- Liaises and communicates with project consultants and field office staff, providing logistical and administrative support, as directed.
- Represent the organization in many Official important meeting “retreats, health clusters...etc.”.
- Performs other related duties in accordance with instructions from assigned supervisors.
- Provide technical support for the implementation of the health project.
- Provide support to identify training needs, planning and implementation of relevant trainings
- Organize a smooth health projects’ supplies; ordering, stocking and distribution and monitoring of consumption and monthly reporting on consumption
- Supervise collection and compilation of health project data in geographic area of responsibility, and ensure meticulous and timely reporting
- Compile the data collected from the field to be submitted to the M&E Officer
- Submit weekly/monthly statistics and narrative report to the Project Manager and M&E Officer.
- Support assessments/surveys, monitoring and evaluation of health project.
- Maintain good and positive contacts with MOH, local authorities, and community leaders to ensure their involvement in project activities
- Any additional duties as requested by the supervisor.
- Assist the logistics department in procurement of drug/medical supply/medical equipment by providing specification for requested items;
- Provide regular supervision of community-based networks including data collection/records of beneficiaries and project activities, as well as timely implementation and reaching targets according to project objectives;
- Provide regular updates and reports to Project Manager/ M&E Officer as required;
- Provide data, case studies and success stories to enrich reports for both internal and external use;
- Organize and conduct joint multifunctional team monitoring visits;
- Monitor project implementation and ensure accurate, timely activities implementation.
- Ensure linkages and integration of community mobilization activities and health facilities services;
- Maintain project files.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in medical field.
- 2+ years of relevant work experience.
- Work experience in Health projects is preferable.
- Previous experience working for an I/NGO.
- Familiar with information management systems and databases.
- Strong organizational and communication skills, with the ability to effectively present information and respond appropriately to questions from senior managers in the field.
- Ability and willingness to travel to project sites as needed.
- Strong English and Arabic skills, written and spoken.
- Ability to prepare budget, write proposal and write reports in English is required.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل