The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an independent, neutral organization ensuring humanitarian protection and assistance for victims of war and armed violence. Please visit www.icrc.org for more information.
The ICRC is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of:
Contract type: One Year (extendable)
Number of Posts: 1 Post
Duty Station: Marib
Announcement date: 22 June 2022
The Radio Operator operates the ICRC’s telecommunications equipment in the Ma’arib Office. S/he maintains radio contact and telecommunications between sites, vehicles and people so that the delegation can follow field movements in accordance with its programme and in accordance with the security rules.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follows communication and transmission activity via telecommunications equipment.
- Ensures constant contact with people moving in the field and takes appropriate action as stipulated under security rules and internal guidelines.
- Proactively maintains information flow on security-related issues.
- Updates lists of field movements, messages transmitted, etc.
- Gives radio-related briefings if required.
ACTUAL TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversees the preparation and follow up of all movement within Ma’arib AoR, including potential movements to Sayoun.
- Oversees the mapping of all professional movement in Ma’arib AoR on weekly basis.
- Ensures that Ma’arib movement planning includes the latest update by all departments and staff members and makes sure all visitors movement are incorporated in the planning.
- Prepares all Field Trip Requests (FTR) in timely manner, which includes drafting Field Trip Forms (FTF) and Field Trip Notifications (FTN) to the concerned security agencies, i.e. Police Department, Executive Unit and MoD’s Operations Room.
- Shares with the concerned staff members and departments the official approval for each FTR once received.
- Ensure radio contacts and permanent field follow up for all movements in Ma’arib AoR.
- Ensures that all staff members respect communication guidelines during FTs and reports any breach to the GEN FO HoO/acting HoO.
- Always keeps the Field Mobile Log DB updated as per the latest Procedures for Conducting Field Trips and Security Rules for Ma’arib SD.
- Updates SAN Radio Room about the arriving/departing of mobile staff by vehicle/planes/vessels as well as their relocation within the AoR.
- Liaises with ADE Radio Room for the FTs and cargo movement between Ma’arib and ADE.
- Ensure efficient hand over with SAN Radio room of any pending movement to be followed after working hours and/or during weekends/leave.
- Ensure information flow on security-related issues proactively.
- Actively shares information with GEN FO, HoO/acting HoO and SAN Radio Room, ADE Radio Room and/or other AoRs regarding any security developments in between AoR.
- Participates in the situation analysis of the AoR and shares any security-related information pro-actively. Participates in Security Cell Meetings.
- Oversees the bulk SMS system and other alert systems in place in Ma’arib AoR in close coordination with GEN FO, while keeping HoO/acting HoO informed.
- Keeps record and track of field communication devices (including 3 portable devices, Satellite phones, etc) or any other ICT equipment under his/her responsibility.
- Ensures update of the phone list in close coordination with Admin.Certifications/Education Required
- • Good command (spoken and written) of English.
- • Good computer knowledge.
- • Vocational training in electronics, telecommunication, IT or similar field an asset.
Professional Experience Required
- Good knowledge of the country and local terrain.
- Some experience working with the ICRC an asset
- People management
- Team work & Collaboration
- Representing the ICRC
- Beneficiary & Client focused
How to Apply
Please send your applications
- Letter of Motivation in English
- C.V. in English (maximum 3 pages);
- Copies of the Academic Certificates, Work Certificates, and Letters of Recommendation if any.
by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Indicating in the subject line: Radio Operator_ MRB
Applications with no clear indication of the subject will not be considered
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by email
Deadline to send your application: 05 July 2022
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل