Finance & Administration Officer This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Finance & Administration Officer - REAL Project- Marib - (220003M0)
TITLE: Finance & Administration Officer-World Bank REAL Project
TEAM/PROGRAMME: Finance 80% & Admin 20%
LOCATION: Marib Field Office
CONTRACT LENGTH: One year with possible extension
Fixed Term 1
Level 3: the post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
SCI Yemen is embarking on the Restoring Education and Learning (REAL) project, funded by the World Bank and implementing by the three implementing partners SCI, WFP and UNICEF. The project’s primary objective is to maintain access to basic education, improve conditions for learning and strengthen education sector capacity in selected districts of several governorates in Yemen targeting over 1’000 schools. The Field Finance Officer (FFO) is over all responsible for daily financial operations of Save the Children International Yemen as per Save the Children International Yemen Country Office (SCI-Y CO) Finance Manual, resolving queries promptly, and maintaining good working relationships with staff and suppliers.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Finance & Awards Manager
Staff reporting to this post: Field Finance Assistant, Field Finance Interns, Field Finance Volunteers
Budgeting Responsibilities: N/A
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Maintain complete books of accounts, as per SCI-Y CO Finance Manual.
- Checking of all payment claims to ensure compliance of SCI-Y policy & procedures, valid Scheme of Delegation, SCI-Y Donors compliance requirements, In-country law and any other official regulatory authority.
- Ensure that all payments are properly coded to record against active Awards and complete authorisation of respective Budget Holder as per SCI-Y Scheme of Delegation.
- Ensure that all program implementation activities require direct or indirect involvement of disbursement of hard cash to suppliers, contractors, beneficiaries should safe guarded by segregation of duty.
- Assist to strengthen internal controls & internal controls environment.
- Ensure appropriate segregation of duties for each & every financial management task.
- Actively participate in Budget vs. Actual review meetings.
- Prepare/review Bank and cash GLACOS, financial data entry on daily basis.
- On monthly basis follow-up prepayments (like rent, Internet service……..etc.) and manage schedule on FMS.
- Ensure that monthly bank reconciliations for all Bank accounts are prepared on regularly basis.
- Assist in tracing of all balance sheets accounts on monthly basis and at the end of each award.
- Maintain Asset & liabilities monthly schedules & reconciliations & ensure that all balances are reconciled with Financial Management system (FMS).
- Ensure that daily financial matters are handled in a systematic, accurate and transparent manner.
- Monitor cash & bank flows on daily basis and maintain close coordination with financial institutions to ensure smooth cash flows. Safe guard SCI-Y cash from assessed / known risks.
- If due to unforeseen reasons institutional banking system services not available any alternative arrangements should be arrange with prior consent of respective Filed Manager or Finance Manager.
- Assist Field office & Country office Finance teams during Internal & external audit, donor specific audit, any authorised third-party review of financial records.
- Closely work with Finance & Awards Manager to fully understand financial & compliance aspects of donor funded portfolio and use Award Management System (AMS) to understand donor financial compliance requirements.
- Maintain working relationship with SCI-Y partners and support Field Office & Country Office to ensure smooth financial implementation of projects through partners.
- Escalate any noted financial risks / fraud activities directly to Field Manager and Country Finance Manager.
- Submit all Internal & external financial reports in a timely manner.
- Review the official e-mails on a daily basis, respond to queries from suppliers and colleagues in a timely and appropriate manner, and ensure any problematic issues are raised with the line manager at the earliest opportunity.
- Ensure that reporting position to this post fully comply with SCI-Y policy & procedures and arrange on / off job trainings to grow skills in the area of financial management.
- Also responsible for professional direction / delegation / supervision / accountability of reporting staff as per Job Descriptions or any official documentation.
- Supervise the office supplies in office and ensure there is sufficient stock at all time.
- Ensure the flight details of visitors, airport pick and drop schedule is sent to logistics timely for transport arrangement.
- Assist in running the Admin store (Stationery, office supplies, cleaning materials, generators spare parts, furniture).
- Assist in preparing the monthly reports for the generators, maintenance and diesel consumption for Field Office and all Gust House
- Assist in preparing the day-to-day activities by providing office needs, supporting program staff.
- Assist in filing and archiving Admin documents (lease agreements, lawyer documents, admin staff leaves, property tax, framework agreements etc.).
- Assist in preparing the monthly reports on Rents, hotel booking, Admin store etc.
- Assist in preparing the monthly payment requests for vendors (rents, hotels, generator maintenance and others.
- Assist in the preparation and provision of events requirements (Farwell parties, meetings, trainings, workshops, and other events).
- Assist in following up on the daily office keepers’ work and needs.
- Assist in following up on the daily gardener’s work and needs.
- Assist in preparing the timesheets of office keepers and gardeners as well as their different kinds of leave.
- Perform other duties assigned by the Administration Officer
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (SCI Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values.
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- Creates a managerial environment to lead, enable and maintain our culture of child safeguarding.
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to; builds and maintains effective relationships with colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- Works collaboratively to achieve shared goals and thrives on diversity of people and perspectives; knows when to lead and when to follow and how to ensure effective cross-boundary working.
- Communicates clearly and confidently with others to engage and influence; promotes dialogue and ensures timely and appropriate messages, building confidence and trust.
- Invests time and energy to actively develop self and others to help realise their full potential, and to build the organisation’s capability for the future.
- Applies the required technical and professional expertise to the highest standards; promotes and shares best practice within and outside the organization.
- Develops and implements innovative solutions to adapt and succeed in ever-changing and uncertain global and working environments.
- Takes effective, considered and timely decisions by gathering and evaluating relevant information from within or outside the organization.
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency, builds trust and confidence.
- Displays consistent excellent judgement.
- Bachelor degree in finance or accounting.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Previous 2-3 years financial management experience with good numeracy skills, e.g. to calculate VAT and allocate payments across cost centres.
- Experience of working in a multi-currency environment.
- Good written & oral English proficiency
- Knowledge of inter-country postings and cost allocations.
- Ability to work quickly and accurately and attention to detail especially under pressure
- Excellent MS Excel and analytical skills, ability to work with large amounts of data.
- Good organisation and administration skills to ensure that all documentation is filed on a timely basis and is easily accessible
- Excellent communication skills on the phone, face-to-face and in writing to be able to explain processes clearly and resolve queries with suppliers and other colleagues.
- Ability to plan and prioritise own work to meet deadlines.
- An energetic, flexible and proactive approach with the ability to work both independently and co-operatively within a team setting and maintain good working relationships
- Ability to work within set guidelines for the payment of invoices/expenses and identify instances when the guidelines are not being followed.
- A proactive approach to resolving any issues that may arise, by assessing their impact and identifying those that need to be passed to the line Manager or next level.
- Commitment to Save the Children values
- Knowledge of Agresso finance system or any other automated financial system.
- Experience with World Bank projects.
- Experience of working for emergency responses.
- Experience to manage one reporting staff
Additional job responsibilities
The job duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the post holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
Health and Safety
The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Closing Date: May 31, 2022
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل
Other jobs from Save The Children
MEAL VolunteersDeadline:09 Apr | Ibb
Social Media and Communications OfficerDeadline:05 Apr | Sana'a
Supply Chain OfficerDeadline:06 Apr | Hadramout
Staff Wellbeing and Mental Health ConsultantDeadline:12 Apr | Sana'a
Staff Wellbeing and Mental Health Consultant- AdenDeadline:12 Apr | Aden