Nutrition Program Manager
Position: Nutrition program manager
Report to: Nutrition Coordinator
Manages: Nutrition Officers/Assistants
Duty station: Sana’a
The Nutrition Program Manager (PM) is responsible for the overall management, implementation and supervision of the nutrition program teams, monitoring of planned activities in adherence with IRC’s and national protocols/guidelines, and in collaboration with other sectors and local partners. Reporting to the Country Nutrition Technical Coordinator, the PM will undertake the following responsibilities related to project cycle management, technical direction, and program development:
- Community based Management of Acute Malnutrition (CMAM) approach
- Assessments and surveillance interventions (nutrition surveys using ENA for SMART, coverage surveys, sentinel site, nutrition surveillance, LQAS etc)
- Capacity building of local partners
- Community mobilization and Outreach
- On the job coaching, Monitoring and evaluation
- Interventions around Infant and Young Feeding Practices
- Studies and research projects
The main responsibilities of the PM will include but not limited to:
Team management including staff recruitment, training, evaluation.
- Support the recruitment process of the nutrition staff, objective development, staff work and leave plan in collaboration with the HR and other IRC departments;
- Provide new resources (e.g. worksheets, tools) that help to build RI team capacity for managing projects, with training on best use of the systems and refreshers as needed, on the job.
- Consider existing capacity building plans with the technical team for enhancing skills in local health providers on delivery of planned nutrition interventions. Suggest additional skills training programs and systems for national and community health providers and support the Nutrition technical team in establishing the training plan within budget resources.
Provision of continuous guidance and technical support.
- Provide day to day supervision for the RI Health and Nutrition Team in a manner that supports the growth of internal leadership.
- Provide IRC’s Nutrition Team technical skills building opportunities and mentorship;
- Review the short and long range plans for delivery of project services, and provide guidance to the IRC Nutrition staff in management of immediate and future strategies for effective project impact;
- Provide a summary of recommended areas of improvement, areas of success, and lead the commencement of an action plan with the Nutrition technical project coordinator to evolve and make positive systems improvements where needed.
Monitoring of nutrition projects (field visit, regular program monitoring, budget forecast and follow up, statistics follow up report, etc.)
- Regular review of the Nutrition sector monitoring systems and record keeping methods that support nutrition sector, interagency, country and donor reporting.
- Conduct field visits to assess status of the planned Nutrition services, quality of services implemented in he supported facilities, and on-site health information systems, in accordance with IRC expectations and international standards and policies.
- Provide a summary of recommended areas of improvement, and lead an action plan with the Nutrition Technical project Coordinators to evolve and make positive systems improvements.
- Review overall project work plans and budgeting for field activities associated donor requirements and provide guidance to the Nutrition technical coordinator in their delivery of those requirements.
- Lead program development opportunities in coordination with the Nutrition Technical Coordinator, including ongoing assessment of current Nutrition needs in the IRC intervention areas;
- Provision of technical input and budgetary input for new program design; and engagement with key donors regarding health, nutrition, and other related programs
Reporting (donor’s reports, monthly reports)
- Review project reporting schedules, templates, and requirements, and guide the Nutrition team in the fulfillment of these requirements to meet IRC and donor standards in reporting.
- Submit periodic (weekly/monthly/quarterly) quality nutrition reports as per the agreed plans and requirement
Representation of the International Rescue Committees in coordination meeting with local and international partners, health authorities, etc.
- Support the Nutrition coordinator to advance existing partnerships with UN agencies (WFP, OCHA), NNGOs and INGOS as well as the major donors;
- Represent IRC to technical meeting, nutrition cluster, partners meeting in accordance with the sector need and as advised by the Line Manager;
- Attends state and local meetings applicable to the position in relation to Health and Nutrition services.
- Ensure effective coordination with other departments (food securityå and livelihood, Water Sanitation and Hygiene, Supply Chain, finance and administration).
- 2 or more years of experience managing Health, Nutrition and Food Security relief and development programs in Yemen or in similar contexts.
- Advanced degree in public health, nutrition, medicine, nursing, or other related field.
- Strong training and capacity building skills with proven experience in developing tools and curriculums and training staff and partners to advance Nutrition and Food security capacity.
- Excellent communication skills and experience managing large numbers of program staff both face to face and remotely.
- Superior work planning and budgeting skills to ensure that program objectives and targets are met within agreed upon time frames and budget and experience course correcting and developing alternative spending plans.
- Experience leading program development including needs assessment, program design, and proposal development.
- Familiarity with donor funded projects requirements and procedures, particularly ECHO, OFDA, DFID, SV, SIDA, etc
- Strong English written interpersonal relation communication skills.
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, Power point, Email…)
Interested candidates should send their application letters and resumes in English to Sanaa.email@example.com no later than 11h January 2016 indicating the position they are applying for along with the location in the email subject.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply
Only candidates who meet the expected requirements for the position will be contacted.
Note: If you have applied previously for this position, please do not apply again.