Supply Chain Manager
Position: Supply Chain Manager
Report to: Supply Chain Coordinator
Manages: SC Officers
Duty Station: Sana’a
The Supply chain Manager will work in Sana’a office under the supervision of Supply Chain coordinator. He/she is responsible to provide all necessary logistical support to the Supply chain team to enable field project activities to proceed with maximum efficiency while adhering to IRC’s global supply chain policies and procedures.
Will be responsible for the effective management of the warehouse/assets, transport and procurement staff in the field and sub offices.
Supervising the procurement process, warehousing process, assets management, vehicles and transport management whilst ensuring best practices and maintaining audit-compliant records.
Detailed responsibilities and tasks:
1. Administrative Role:
- Manage all staff employed in the Supply Chain Department at Sana’a with intermittent support to Aden by assigning of duties through Delegation, monitoring the performance and regularly evaluating staff directly supervised by him /her.
- Responsible, in conjunction with the SC Coordinator and field coordinator for planning, organizing and developing the long term strategy and approach of IRC Supply Chain
- Make recommendations on training for all staff under his/her supervision.
- Ensure there is an adequate and neatly organized filling system for procurement documents, Warehouse documents, transport and vehicles management and other logistical records.
- Carry staff orientation in SC processes and execute trainings.
- To continually strive to improve working methods, practices and working relationships within IRC, promote an atmosphere of co-operation and team spirit among staff and carry out all duties responsibly and act in a professional manner at all times.
2. Procurement of goods and services:
- Ensure that procurements are done in accordance with IRC Policies and procedures, ensuring that the purchases of goods and services are appropriate in terms of quality and fair market price.
- Receive and review all Purchase Request from Program and operations Staff, ensure that they are properly authorized in accordance with IRC Finance and GSC policies and check against procurement plans.
- Ensure that up to date files for price guide / catalogs / products technical information to be used by the office for Budgetary and ordering purposes are maintained.
- Review PRs, BA and Contracts/ PO prior to sending it for approvals, ensure that a proper record for any procurement act is kept and inventory of used purchase orders and files are maintained for future references.
- Oversee the performance of the procurement committee and participate in its meetings
- Process international procurement in conjunction with SCC.
3. Transport, vehicles and Generator management:
- Ensure contracting process vehicle is transparent and in conjunction with security ensure vehicles are compliant to security requirements and provide the required technical support to all supply chain assistant in the field sub offices
- Coordinate vehicle allocation and movement.
- Ensure that log sheets for vehicle use, fuel payment and generator running are verified before approval and reporting.
- Strictly monitor fuel utilization and generator/vehicles efficiencies.
- Monitor vehicle maintenance and ensure that the fleet is serviceable where applicable
- Review monthly vehicle/generator reports outlining fuel usage, maintenance cost per generator and vehicle hire cost
- Analyses vehicle running costs & monthly report
- Keep tracking sheet for vehicle contracts and boat movements.
4. Assets Management:
- Directly Supervise staff involved in the assets management and records keeping
- Ensure that an update asset register and electronic list is maintained on a monthly basis.
- Ensure that all IRC assets, equipment and premises are well maintained
- Ensure that the movement of IRC assets is tracked and the necessary documentation is done when an asset changes its status.
- Ensure that an up to date filing system for all assets maintained.
- Recommend assets for disposal and ensure that the necessary paper work is prepared.
5. Warehousing management:
- Directly supervise all Warehouse staff at Sana’a and provide the required technical support to all SCA in all field sub offices sites in future
- Ensure that all the warehouses/Stores are well maintained.
- Ensure that updating stock records is done on a daily basis both electronically, in stock cards, all stores procedures and policies are followed.
- Ensure that there is Controlled access to all IRC stores and ensure that stores premises are secure
- Ensure that an efficient storage and inventory system is maintained including proper filing system for stores.
- Carry out periodic trainings reviews with all logistics staff
- Do a weekly spot checks in IRC warehouse and maintain a file for the spot check reports
- Weekly & Monthly PR tracking
- Commitments and cash forecast to finance
- Transport Reports-Fuel Consumption, Maintenance Cost and Standard Monthly Vehicle report
- Warehouse-Inventory and assets Report
- Any other duties or tasked delegated by the supervisors.
Key Result Areas
- Effective staff management through performance evaluation and monitoring
- Compliance to the donor requirements and IRC procedures
- On time, standard weekly and monthly reports to SCC
- Generate and / or maintain comprehensive list of suppliers, price list for goods, services and equipment’s purchased by IRC
- Manage IRC resources well to minimize wastage.
- Strong sense of personal integrity.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong supervisory skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Team spirit and problem solving abilities.
Required qualification and experience
- Bachelor degree in logistics or Business management or any other relevant field
- Thorough method of working with ability to work under pressure to pursue multiple tasks simultaneously to successful conclusions;
- Management ability to lead, motivate and develop staff;
- Positive attitude with good sense of humor;
- Committed team player;
- Competent in spoken and written English
- Familiarity with major donor and local regulations / laws advantageous.
- Competent use of PC especially spreadsheets (Word, Excel and any database program)
- At least two years’ experience working as a logistician in a supervisory role preferably in NGO setting
Interested candidates should send their CVs in English to Sanaa.email@example.com not later than 11th January 2017 indicating the position they are applying for in the email subject to be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.