Middle East & North Africa Monitoring, Evaluation, & Learning Services Activity, Yemen
Management Systems International (MSI), a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area management consultancy with a 40-year history of delivering results for our clients. Our expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation; democracy and governance; peace and stability; rule of law and accountability; education; gender and inclusion; strategic communications; and leadership and organizational development. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Colombia, Indonesia, Jordan, Kenya, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Syria and Ukraine, and works domestically. We support clients ranging from the U.S. Government (e.g., the U.S. Agency for International Development, U.S. Department of Defense, U.S. Departments of State and Labor, and the Millennium Challenge Corporation) to large bilateral and multilateral donors (e.g., the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program). We also work with national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
The Middle East and North Africa Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Services (MENA MELS) Activity delivers high-quality technical support for monitoring, evaluation, and learning to the Middle East Bureau, its ten field missions, operating units, and implementing partners. Project services include monitoring systems, evaluations, assessments and research; analysis and synthesis; learning and utilization; and MEL capacity building and training. Additional information on the MENA MELS Project is available here.
Under MENA MELS, the MSI team will conduct an evaluation of the Yemen Communities Stronger Together (YCST) project. YSCT is a four-year USAID-funded activity focused on supporting local-level initiatives in Southern Yemen that mitigate conflict, strengthen social cohesion, promote the peaceful resolution of differences, and, where feasible, capitalize on stabilization opportunities. It targets communities in the four governorates of Abyan, Aden, Lahj, and Taiz. This evaluation will examine the effectiveness of the YCST activity in contributing to its intended outcomes and will also examine positive and negative unintended outcomes. To contextualize findings on effectiveness, the evaluation will examine if and how the relevance of the YCST development approach, the quality of implementation, and operational challenges influence the activity’s effectiveness.
The Evaluation Specialist will support the team lead and other team members in carrying out all necessary tasks to complete the YCST evaluation. The Evaluation Specialist will support the team lead in instrument development and in planning and conducting data collection across YCST governorates. The Evaluation Specialist will also contribute to reviewing literature, conducting interviews, and drafting sections of the evaluation report.
- Participate in document review relevant to the evaluation research questions
- Support the development of instruments
- Support fieldwork planning including working with a local data collection firm to train data collection teams and to pretest and finalize the instruments.
- Participate in data collection, including conducting key informant interviews and focus group discussions.
- Accompany data collection teams in the field and monitor and oversee the data collection efforts.
- Review data quality on ongoing basis and provide real-time feedback to improve the data collection.
- Manage and coordinate subject matter experts engaged as part of the evaluation. This will include training them on instruments, capturing and incorporating expert feedback and accompanying the experts during the data collection activities.
- Write sections of the report and provide feedback to other members of the team.
- Support evaluation team in organizing evaluation findings, Conclusions and Recommendations, and in delivering the evaluation presentations.
- Coordinate with the Team Lead and other team members including doing regular check-ins.
- Advanced degree in social sciences, international development, statistics, economics, or related field is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of demonstrated experience conducting data cleaning, analysis, and reporting using quantitative and qualitative data required.
- At least 5 years’ experience in the MENA region required.
- Excellent organizational, time management, qualitative and analytical skills with ability to communicate technical information clearly and effectively with professionals required.
- Experience with community resilience/stabilization programming in conflict environments preferred.
- Experience working with USAID is preferred.
- Oral and written proficiency in English and Arabic required.
MSI is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We strive to develop and maintain a culture that honors the perspectives and identities of our employees, our communities and those impacted by our work.
We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
MSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Americans with Disabilities/Veterans Employer.
MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email MSI.Dept.HRRecruiting@tetratechinc.onmicrosoft.com with “Reasonable Accommodations” in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
How to Apply
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
To apply: Please visit:
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل