Scope of Work (SOW) – Assessment Enumerator
Yemen Early Recovery Support (YERS) Program
Global Communities intends to recruit Five (5) Assessment Enumerators to assist with the Baseline assessment of the Yemen Early Recovery Support (YERS) program funded through USAID/OFDA. Global Communities is conducting a baseline assessment for YERS. The assessment will systematically collect information of the needs assessment for the program’s activities in our potential target area with YERS Program potential beneficiaries.
In close coordination with the YERS staff senior officers, and under the supervision of the Program Officer, the Enumerators will participate in field assessment to collect information on:
- Household (HH) interviews, survey in the target areas.
Building upon our success in implementing EASE, Global Communities has designed the YERS program with the goal of meeting continued humanitarian assistance and early recovery needs of vulnerable and conflict-affected populations in southern Yemen through a holistic approach to bolstering food security and livelihoods, improving WASH outcomes, and promoting economic opportunity. Over the 12-month implementation period, YERS will reach an estimated 2,750 vulnerable households (19,250 beneficiaries) in Aden and Lahj Governorates. YERS will achieve its goal through the following three objectives:
- Objective 1: Enhance household livelihoods and food security by restocking livestock assets;
- Objective 2: Improve community hygiene practices; and
- Objective 3: Provide sustainable income generation opportunities for vulnerable households through market-driven vocational training and support to asset building groups.
The purpose of this baseline survey assessment is to confirm proposed program activities under YERS, as well as establish a base level for the output, outcome, and impact indicators of the program.
The baseline assessment also identified potential beneficiaries for YERS activities. And provides additional valid information that can be used to assess the current situation of targeted communities affected by the recent to assist Global Communities determine what other activities, if any, could be implemented to support vulnerable Yemenis
The Enumerators will work in close coordination with the Global Communities Program Officer and be responsible for the following:
- Attend enumerator's training workshop.
- Receive the data collection materials and Ipad for Global Communities assigned staff.
- Conduct Interviews with the respondents.
- Comply with the requirements necessary for conducting a successful interview.
- Ensure that the collected data is accurate and complete.
- Post the completed questionnaire.
- Return all the data collection tools received.
The Enumerators must complete the following deliverables subject to the review and approval of the Program Officer and Other Senior Officers as required:
- For HH survey:
- Complete the questionnaires using mobile based data collection.
- Post the completed questionnaires daily with coordination with the community mobilizers for support.
Timeline / Level of Effort
The assessment will be done in 5 working days, date will be determined by Global Communities YERS Program Officer and each of the 5 enumerators will have 5 workdays level of effort (LOE).
- Secondary degree or a bachelor's degree in sciences field and development studies are preferable.
- Previous experience in conducting survey though mobilize based data collections utilizing technology tools is an asset.
- Highly organized individual, capable of handling multiple priorities, meeting deadlines, and managing time effectively.
- Experience in utilizing technology tools and also poses the ability to master new technology tools, as required.
- Able to use IPhone keyboard, for extended periods of time. .
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and time management.
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of discretion.
- Familiarity with the use of IPhone.
- Ability to work independently as well as an effective team player.
- Application should consist of a one page cover letter and detailed resume or CV. Cover letter should include the applicant’s earliest date of availability to begin work with the YERS program. Resume or CV should include the applicant’s detailed work and educational history.
- Due to the program set up, candidates from South are preferable to apply for this position.
- Applications should be submitted to recruitment-EASE@globalcommunitiesyemen.org the subject line of the email should be the name of the position being applied for.
- Applications submitted after January 12, 2017 will not be considered. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.