Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Officer
Job Title: Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Officer
Location: Sana'a - Yemen
Job Basis: Full Time
job Duration: 6 Months (can be extendable upon funding and performance)
Qatar Red Crescent Society is a nonprofit organization, assists and empowers vulnerable communities within Qatar and around the world by offering life-saving assistance in emergencies, increasing disaster preparedness and resilience to future disasters, improving health care services, contributing to social rehabilitation and capacity building while preserving human dignity. Qatar Red Crescent Society is now recruiting in Yemen a MEAL (Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning) Officer to manage and support its multi-sectorial programs implementation in Yemen.
Core Responsibilities & Duties:
- Develop and maintain an effective monitoring and evaluation system for the multi-sectorialprojects that responds to information needs of a diverse range of stakeholders at relevant levels; and produce timely periodic projects reports.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly progress updates consistent with the QRCS-YEMEN mission annual plan.
- Development and maintain a monitoring system that effectively links project actual activities to planned activities and, using the system, produce a monthly update for decision making.
- Develop/adapt monitoring and reporting tools and frequency for the relevant levels and partner implementation monitoring.
- Support Grants Officer and Project Manager to prepare and monitor monthly cash flow
- In coordination with the media team and head of mission, produce the Mission annual reports, summaries, flyers and other publications.
- Coordinate quarterly review meetings.
- Build the capacity of team to improve monitoring and documentation of programs.
- Document program successes, lessons and best practices based on demonstrated evidence from project monitoring, evaluation and research.
- Coordinate project baselines, project performance target setting (based on baseline), midterm evaluations and end line evaluations
- Generally, support program development by proactively participating in development of new donor proposals, and specifically designing the M/E plans and indicator framework.
- Coordinate and facilitate sharing and dissemination of successes, lessons learnt and best practices both internally and externally; at district as well as national levels.
- Support the development of data collection and analysis plans by program teams.
Experience & Skills
- University degree at least Bachelor in Data Management, Development studies, Social Science, International Development, Disaster Management, Public Health or any related field; preferably obtaining a relevant Master Degree and research background.
- INGO working experience not less thanThree years in a preferably similar position.
- Strong written and verbal technical communication skills in Arabic and English.
- Result-oriented, able to set priorities and meet deadlines within a dynamic environment.
- Ability to communicate complex scientific data to communities, program staff, and partners in simple and clear manner.
- Experience in designing and maintenance of management information systems and tools.
- Excellent community skills, including community based planning monitoring and evaluation.
- Conversant with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft word, SPSS, ACCESS, EPI Info computer packages.
- Applicants should be excellent team players, and be willing to work in a multi-cultural team, displaying cultural sensitivity and a sound understanding of gender.
- Applicants should have the ability to manage multiple tasks and responsibilities, work efficiently under pressure and in stressful circumstances, and meet short deadlines.
- Understanding of the principles of Core Humanitarian standards preferred.
To apply, please send your CV, 2 professional references (E-mail address and phone number) and a motivation letter explaining how you fulfill the requirements for this position to the following E-mail: ( firstname.lastname@example.org) on or before 20 January 2017.
Please write the position title in the email subject