Nutrition Coordinator (6)
NUTRITION COORDINATOR (6)
Terms of Reference
Division : Programs
Location : Lahj, Abyan, Hajjah, Hadhramout, Taiz, and Al-Dhale’a
Reports to : Health & Nutrition Project Manager
Duration : Six Months extendable
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
A humanitarian, independent, non-profit, non-governmental organization that works across Yemen. The organization provides direct assistance for conflict-affected populations, IDPs, host communities and vulnerable groups in the conflict areas. The organization, in partnership with international agencies, takes action during crisis situations, and goes the extra mile to engage in other contexts where its competencies will add value. The organization promotes durable solutions for conflict-affected populations and helps to restore services, education, economic, wellbeing and health.
The Nutrition Coordinator is responsible for the oversight and management of the project. S/he will work under the supervision of the Project Manager.
- Ensure all project activities are implemented based on the program objectives and intermediate results reflected in the detailed implementation plan
- Responsible for the operational planning of activities for the overall implementation of programmer activities in the respective Field Office
- Effectively using support services (logs, Admin, HR, and Finance) to undertake key activities and work alongside the Program Managers to ensure their activities run smoothly.
- Coordinate with governmental health office (GHO), district health offices (DHO), and local council to implement the project activities
- Develop and maintain good relationships and lines of communication with relevant, local partner, local authorities and communities, explaining the nature of the project and liaising with them throughout the project
- Coordinate with MEAL department at central or field level to conduct monitoring visits to the program sites to ensure the implementation of the activities with the National partners on time and to achieve quality results
- Liaise with different field actors to identify and define project requirements, scope and objectives
- Ensuring that beneficiaries’ needs are met as the project evolves
- Supervise and support field staff in assigned project based work
- Regular reports to project manager and donor at field level
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree in a medical field or nutrition required.
- 2+ years of relevant work experience.
- Work experience in CMAM and health programs is preferable.
- Ability to train national staff on nutrition and health technical issues.
- Previous experience working for NGO.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Good written and spoken English
- Strong reporting skills in English
Interested candidates are invited to submit their updated CV with a cover letter email@example.com by Thursday Aug 30th, 2018 at the latest, mentioning the job title in the subject line. Emails without such indication will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.