Ended MEAL Officer
Terms of Reference
Division : Programs
Location : Hodeidah and Hajjah
Reports to : Project Manager
Duration : Six Months extendable
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
A humanitarian, independent, non-profit, non-governmental organization that works across Yemen. The organization provides direct assistance for conflict-affected populations, IDPs, host communities and vulnerable groups in the conflict areas. The organization, in partnership with international agencies, takes action during crisis situations, and goes the extra mile to engage in other contexts where its competencies will add value. The organization promotes durable solutions for conflict-affected populations and helps to restore services, education, economic, wellbeing and health.
Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) is a major issue of concern that needs to be addressed. The lack of reliable data in a developing country as Yemen has its impact on development and this is increasingly being cited by the donors as a reason for limited funding.
The creation of this new post as well as the developing, improving and implementation of M & E strategy is considered an important part of the on-going efforts of the organization management to enhance its accountability.
Effective implementations of M & E policies and strategies, as well as efficient organization and coordination of the M & E process, enhance the organization’s capacity and credibility in implementation of highly effective programs with strong impact.
Apart from main tasks and as part of teamwork and integration, it is essential that M & E Officer diligently contributes to organize, coordinate, facilitate and conduct programs, activities, meetings and events.
It is envisaged that the M&E Officer will work closely with the Programs’ Officers and Projects’ Coordinators who are responsible for reporting and data tracking.
- Developing and Implementation of monitoring and evaluation policies, strategies and plans.
- Develop ToRs for assessments and evaluations and participate in the real time and end project evaluations.
- Ensuring quality and accountability of monitoring and organize field based evaluation.
- Improvement of Information Management
- Provision of support to the projects’ team work.
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing on monitoring and evaluation.
- Develop concept notes/ proposals based on the findings of monitoring and evaluation of projects.
- Generates new ideas and approaches, researches best practices and proposes new, more effective ways of performing tasks.
- Documents and analyses innovative strategies and new approaches.
- Support the programs to monitor the progress and effect of the funded projects and their coherence with the agreements. In addition, assist the team work develop evaluation plans.
- Maintains an established network of contacts for general information sharing and to remain up-to-date on partnership related issues.
- Developing and creating of internal monitoring, assessment and reporting templates as well as regular admin forms and applications.
- Responsible for overall efforts that lead to issuance of solid annual reports and progress reports.
- Ensuring quality and accountability of monitoring
- Analyze lessons learned for quality and accountability.
- Promote monitoring, evaluations and audits as means of guiding.
- Propose and facilitate reviews/evaluations
- Support staff and volunteers to seek innovative methods for remote management and monitoring to improve accountability.
- Information Management, knowledge building and knowledge sharing.
- Oversee the design of the organization database for all projects and ongoing activities and programs and facilitate its establishment.
- Liaise with staff at the central level and at the sub-national levels to provide and access data. Aggregate data across the organization projects and its affiliated facilities.
- Develop visual products and maps in order to provide an effective service and information to the audience, stakeholders and to the community as a whole (incl. webpage updates and improvement, geographical coverage maps...etc.).
- Establish strong working relationships with key actors in other agencies in order to facilitate effective collaboration and communication.
- Identify and formulate monitoring and evaluation findings, lessons learned and recommendations to be integrated into management efforts, disseminated in learning events and channeled into decision-making processes.
- Research and document ‘best practices’ in organizational change and development.
- Contribute to the implementation of Monitoring and Evaluation Knowledge Management and Learning Strategy.
- Collaborate and coordinate with donors, government agencies, NGOs, and other organizations on monitoring and evaluation issues.
Provision of technical support to the Programs and Projects team:
- Liaise with program and project staff to monitor and evaluate the defined objectives and specific organization success indicators and targets.
- Provide support/guidance to the organization team work in the identification of monitoring methodologies and identify good practices.
- Provide support/guidance to the organization team work in monitoring and reporting responsibilities ensuring coherence with reporting requirements.
- Strives to keep job knowledge up-to-date through self-directed study and other means of learning
- Demonstrate knowledge and sound judgment
- Self-development, initiative-taking
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively
- Managing conflict and creating synergies through self-control
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work schedule to meet management requirements and donors’ needs and deadlines
- Ability to formulate and manage budgets; manage investments; manage transactions; and conduct financial analysis, reporting and cost-recovery.
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- University Degree in Admin. Sciences, Social Sciences, and Health Sciences,
- Medical background is preferred.
- 2 years of relevant experience in providing management advisory services and hands-on experience in design, monitoring and evaluation of projects.
- Fluency in oral and written English
- Experience in the use of computers and office software packages and handling of web based management systems.
- Experience (or willingness to learn) with new monitoring and Evaluation tools such as remote monitoring, GPS, webpage improvement, track system, SMS campaign, Modern statistical software will be an asset.
- Previous experience in development and humanitarian coordination and thorough knowledge of the cluster system will be an asset.
- Excellent quantitative, analytic, research writing and interpersonal skills.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their updated CV with a cover letter firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday Aug 30th, 2018 at the latest, mentioning the job title in the subject line. Emails without such indication will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.