Ended Logistics Assistant
Terms of Reference
Division : Programs
Location : Sana’a
Reports to : Nutrition Project Manager
Duration : Six Months extendable
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
A humanitarian, independent, non-profit, non-governmental organization that works across Yemen. The organization provides direct assistance for conflict-affected populations, IDPs, host communities and vulnerable groups in the conflict areas. The organization, in partnership with international agencies, takes action during crisis situations, and goes the extra mile to engage in other contexts where its competencies will add value. The organization promotes durable solutions for conflict-affected populations and helps to restore services, education, economic, wellbeing and health.
The Logistics Assistant is responsible for ensuring quality in all procurement activities across the organization programmed. Where appropriate, he/she needs to provide support to field teams through assessment, coaching and accompaniment.
- Organize logistics processes, including communications and transport, as well as the related administrative procedures, for the organization operations in line with the organization policies and procedures.
- Implement and monitor logistics systems, in accordance with the organization policies and procedures.
- Establish and maintain good contacts with service providers, vehicle rental service providers, vehicle maintenance garages, suppliers of spare parts, fuel suppliers, government offices, and others with regards to logistical matters.
- Reports monthly on nutrition food commodities stocks, all vehicle, communications, incident reports, and related logistics activities to the line manager and/or the overview manager.
- Assist the line manager with logistics advice.
- Review and ensure completeness of all requisitions and communicates with programmer team for validation and inclusion.
- Communicate with budget holders and requesters on approvals and clarifications on their Request Orders.
- Convert Supply Plans into Procurement Schedules.
- Consolidate and combines procurement schedules.
- Prepare Bid Analyses.
- Communicates with suppliers on clarifications needed.
- Review all purchase orders, invoices for accuracy and completeness before forwarding for approval by respective budget holders.
- Ensure that records/files of all purchases are documented with relevant information
- Ensure that order tracking and purchase database are maintained and communicated on a weekly basis.
- Maintain suppliers and supplies database which are up to date and appropriate to the organization policies and procedures
- Maintain supplier performance database.
- Ensure that purchases are properly received and goods receiving made out and relevant data of each activity is updated.
- Prepare requests for quotations to potential suppliers and ensure compliance to the organization Procurement Policies.
- Coordinate purchase order/contract close out procedures when purchase orders/contracts are completed and payment done.
- Coordinate all reporting and information dissemination and ensure respective staff maintain proper maintain filing system on purchases.
- Make presentations to the Tender Committee on all major purchases requiring Tendering before award of contract.
- Endorse all procurement decisions and forward the same for approval to facilitate procurement activities within the organization.
- Act as the focal point for all purchases to ensure compliance to procurement and related policies.
- Provide procurement assistance to requesters, organization users, programme team, support team and field offices.
- Engage in partnership logistics assessments.
- Participate in the process of supplier qualification.
- Closely follow-up liaison and clearing officer on the clearing and delivery of imported goods to the respective requester.
- Provide weekly and monthly purchase report to the line manager and relevant programmer managers.
- Manage/Supervise the operating of the computerized Purchasing System to ensure security/access to beat internal fraud etc.
- Address all inquiries related to procurement and ensure that relevant correspondence is processed/filed accordingly.
- Engage with line manager and procurement team on procurement of vehicle spare parts and fuel based on authorized requisitions, in line with the organization procedures.
- Prepare and implement supply plan for all vehicles (includes spare parts, fuel, regular servicing, maintenance, insurance, annual road worthiness inspection, etc.)
- To liaise closely with line manager, as well as field based logistics team, on local procurement of the above mentioned vehicle expenses.
- To keep clean and accurate records of vehicle history (which includes, but not limited to fuel consumption records, maintenance history, regular servicing schedules and history, oil and lubricants, spare part usage, etc.)
- Maintain contacts and good relationship with suppliers and local repair/maintenance shops, and to conduct comparisons (price, quality of service etc.) among them, in order to get the best deals.
- Closely monitors the performance of vehicles across the organization and communicates gaps with line manager, overview manager and field logicians.
- Refuels vehicles on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Monitors the proper use of log books by drivers and authorized drivers on a weekly basis, and provides feedback to line manager and drivers.
- Prepares a cut-off date for each vehicle log book on a monthly basis, and detaches log books for review, compilation of the monthly vehicle report and safe documentation.
- Compiles vehicle and generator running costs.
- Supervises and plans vehicle allocation in order to optimally serve the needs of the country programme.
- Prepares/processes supplier payments which include but are not limited to taxi payments, rented vehicle payments, spare part procurement payments, insurance payments, vehicle maintenance payments and the like, in a timely, well organized and effective manner.
- Provides support in the dispatching and distribution of items to field offices or in town.
- A Degree in procurement and purchasing or relevant qualification (Pharmacy specialty will be considered)
- In-depth experience in procurement and purchasing
- Experience in storing of food commodities
- Good knowledge of purchasing systems
- Knowledge of Donor funding regulations
- Good written and spoken English
- Excellent skills in purchasing techniques within the context of this position
- Good computer skills: Excel, Word, the purchasing system
- Attention to details
- Ability to plan with good organizational skills, multi-task including prioritization and ability to work under pressure
- Initiative and ability to follow up on issues
- Good reporting and communication skills
- Excellent skills in monitoring implementation of program activities.
- Ability and willingness to travel regularly to field sites
- experience in working with NGOs is preferred
- Ability to work well in unstable and frequently changing security environments
- Punctuality and respect for applicable rules and procedures
- Independence, i.e. conducting tasks with minimal supervision, and stress resilience
- Self-motivation, goal/result-orientation and team work
- Flexibility, tolerance and maturity.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their updated CV with a cover letter email@example.com by Thursday Aug 30th, 2018 at the latest, mentioning the job title in the subject line. Emails without such indication will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted