Ended Filed Admin Officer (2)
FIELD ADMIN OFFICER (2)
Terms of Reference
Division : Programs
Location : Hodeidah & Hajjah
Reports to : Health & Nutrition Project Manager
Duration : Six Months extendable
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
A humanitarian, independent, non-profit, non-governmental organization that works across Yemen. The organization provides direct assistance for conflict-affected populations, IDPs, host communities and vulnerable groups in the conflict areas. The organization, in partnership with international agencies, takes action during crisis situations, and goes the extra mile to engage in other contexts where its competencies will add value. The organization promotes durable solutions for conflict-affected populations and helps to restore services, education, economic, wellbeing and health.
Admin Officer supports the daily administration activities and providing support in the various human resource functions, and administrative tasks to support delivery of a discrete work area, enabling those supported to be more effective.
- Supervises the daily operation of positions under his/her responsibility.
- Participates in the development of staffing plans; performs administrative tasks related to staff coverage (i.e. Vacations and modified days, time sheets and employee information records, for support and auxiliary staff); markers and student assistants.
- Coordinates and approves staff work and vacation schedules and other absences; and timesheets;
- Conducts performance evaluations and schedules monthly meetings with support staff under his/her responsibility;
- Directs work of a routine and non-routine nature and establishes priorities where applicable.
- Provides administrative support for projects as delegated.
- Implements the organization standard operating guidelines for general administrational and provide administrative support to staff and visitors;
- Maintains, keeps track of, and updates records and payment schedules of the office utilities;
- Maintains effective communication in the office;
- Coordinate and overall manage office running and management (maintenance, repairs; equipment; stationery);
- Ensures office supplies and stationary are available for office use.
- Provides verbal and written reports on project progress and outcomes.
- Maintains and track information related to project budgets, timelines and achievement of goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or a relevant discipline (preferably social science or arts subjects)
- At least 3 years of experience in the same position (HR/Admin)
- Advanced English language written and communication skills
- Computer literate, including word processing, databases/ spreadsheet.
- Detail oriented and good record keeper;
- Able to draft standard letters and other written communications;
- Good time management with ability to priorities;
- Able to multi-task in dealing with all three components of the job;
- Demonstrates adaptability and flexibility in all aspects of working;
- Solutions focused, looks for ways to make the achievement of objectives possible;
- Anticipates outcomes of activities and uses initiative to keep these activities on course;
- Has a good knowledge of the work of department and able to self-start;
- Proven ability to organize work effectively;
- Service oriented.
- Achieving Results: Organization to Work Effectively; Drive to Achieve Results; Tenacity; Initiative;
- Thinking & Understanding: Organizational Awareness; Knowledge Management; Analytical Thinking;
- Self-Management: Managing Emotions; Self Awareness; Adaptable & Flexible; Respect for Others;
- Working Effectively With Others: Following; Supporting Others; Interpersonal Awareness; Communications; Influencing Others
- Leading Others: Delegation; Taking Charge;
- Willingness and fitness to travel for sustained periods of time;
- Understanding of the complexities of working in a multicultural environment;
- Commitment to and ability to promote Oxfam's equal opportunity and gender policies.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their updated CV with a cover letter firstname.lastname@example.org, by Thursday Aug 30th, 2018 at the latest, mentioning the job title in the subject line. Emails without such indication will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.