Human Appeal is a non-profit organisation working across the globe to strengthen humanity’s struggle against poverty, social injustice and natural disaster. Through the provision of immediate relief and establishment of sustainable development programmes, we aim to invest in real effective solutions.
Now over 25 years old, Human Appeal has a presence in 24 countries spanning across 3 continents: Asia, Africa and Europe. 2017 is an exciting time as we continue to build on our achievements to transform the lives of millions of people across the world. We are looking for a dynamic candidate who is passionate about international development to join our Programmes Department.
Expanding its work in humanitarian settings in Yemen, Human Appeal is urgently looking to recruit the following:
Job Title: Finance Officer
Hours: Full time
Duty Station: Sana’a
Responsible to: Head of Mission
Deadline: 20 January 2017
- Manage the day-to-day personnel, financial and administrative resources of the office.
- Administer the daily office operations and handle logistic requirements.
- Follow up all contracts under the programme to ensure that they are implemented in accordance with the terms therein.
- Undertake missions to field locations to review administrative and financial arrangements and make appropriate recommendations as required.
- Apply operational security standards compliance, in consultation with other security staff of INGOs and UN agencies.
- Ensure timely and accurate monthly and year-end closure of accounts, including bank reconciliation, and submit reports to headquarters as per prescribed deadlines.
- Prepare a consolidated budget for the country operation.
- Select and negotiate with local service providers, within the established financial parameters.
- Keep an inventory of the equipment and goods for the projects and office.
- Formulate and implement/administer Human Resource policy and procedures and monitor their effectiveness.
- Undertake any other duties incidental to the above as may be assigned by management from time to time.
- Any other related tasks as requested by the management.
- A good first degree in accounting, economic or business administration.
- A post-graduate qualification in accounting, project planning & management, business administration, is an added advantage.
- Be familiar with management and implementation of donor funded programmes and coordination with related programmes.
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant experience, preferably at humanitarian field with international organizations.
- Good communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to lead, plan, organize, solve problems, implement, monitor and evaluate tasks and to deliver outputs to meet required deadlines.
- Ability to relate well with a multiplicity of stakeholders; self-motivated and team worker, and of demonstrable and unquestionable level of integrity.
- Excellent drafting, report writing and communication skills.
- Computer literacy and ability to effectively use personal computers and office information technology equipment/systems, as well as Microsoft Office Applications.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
Please send your CV, including cover letter (as one file) to the email address email@example.com
In the subject line please indicate the job title.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.