Programme Coordinator This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty.
Do you have 12 years’ experience managing humanitarian programmes, and an understanding of relevant issues in a conflict setting?
Do you have experience in programme and project management?
Do you have proven record of effective programme and people management skills with strong competencies in team working and partnership?
If the answer is yes, then we would like to hear from you.
The Programme Coordinator will lead the design, implementation, management and coordination of the humanitarian response in the north through supporting the Programme Managers to design and deliver the humanitarian programme in the field. This includes representation, coordination, programme management, advocacy and programme support at senior levels.
This position must show clear alignment with Oxfam values and Feminist principles. Women candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Management of humanitarian, civil society and gender projects
- Lead the programme to achieve its goals and objectives, working with the PMs to develop appropriate project plans and timelines
- Ensure Program contribution to Oxfam transformative objectives, working together with the Advocacy department.
- Assess on-going humanitarian situation and gaps, reporting with recommendations and proposals for Oxfam's response and scale-up.
- Contribute to country contingency plan to respond to sudden outbreaks and respond to humanitarian needs
- Coordinate on project monitoring and evaluation.
- Develop harmonized tools for proper follow up of the programs.
- Ensure that the programme is implemented in a consultative, participative and gender-sensitive way.
- Ensure partner involvement in proposal development and implementation.
- Building partners technical and institutional capacities and progressively transferring responsibilities. Work closely with Partnership team on the institutional capacities.
- Be responsible for ongoing coordination and representation to/with relevant organisations, particularly government officials, UN, INGOs, communities locally and donors as appropriate.
- Management of assessments with technical support
- To contribute to implementation of Oxfam’s Country Strategy with a focus on humanitarian preparedness, response and protection linked with Civil Society and Gender programs.
- Be familiar with and abide by the NGO/Red Cross Code of Conduct, People in Aid Code, Oxfam International Minimum Standards and other codes regulating quality and impartiality of humanitarian assistance.
- Representation in coordination meetings and significant external relationships/networking
- Provide regular programme updates and alerts to the DCD and overall country programme decision-making
- Ensuring staff safety, that security, medical and evacuation procedures are drawn up and in place as appropriate.
- Ensure that Oxfam’s organisational policies are met and actively contribute to the overall strategic development of the country programme, taking the lead on humanitarian related issues;
- Be an example of Oxfam style of management and values. Empowering and developing WASH staff, being inclusive while taking decisions and accountable to the team, partners and beneficiaries.
- Support the PMs in the: recruitment of teams; ongoing management, support and capacity-building of team (technical and support functions) and scale up and management of programme activities
- Manages sub-unit resources, budgets (often delegated), process and projects.
- Liaise and cooperate with the Oxfam Business Support Team (HR, Finance, Logistics, Funding) to ensure adequate operational support is provided to the humanitarian programme to achieve quality outputs
- Monitor programme budget, revising as necessary and advising senior management of variance and/or deficits
- Provide required inputs to other departmental strategies, including but not limited to advocacy, gender, protection and development and support relevant policy issues.
- Support partner organization’s in developing and delivering projects within agreed parameters where appropriate.
- Contribute to regional analysis and programming as appropriate, in particular, seek opportunities for Oxfam and others to learn from the Yemen experience.
- Ensure that Oxfam’s programme is cost effective, efficient and complies with all organizational standards of management and accountability.
- Ensure that the programme is implemented in a consultative, participative and gender sensitive way.
- Ensure that key humanitarian information is circulated appropriately, within Oxfam and with external counterparts.
Please see more details in the job description and atatchement that you can find here:
What we are looking for
The ideal Programme Coordinator should meet the following criteria:
- At least 12 years’ experience managing humanitarian programmes, and an understanding of relevant issues, especially in a conflict setting.
- Proven experience in programme and project management skills including planning, monitoring, evaluation, budgeting, financial analysis and reporting, proposal development and report preparation.
- Strong skills and experience in capacity-building of staff and partners, including coaching and on-the-job training
- A proven record of effective programme and people management skills with strong competencies in team working and partnership.
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and action and understanding and experience of humanitarian standards and accountability initiatives, including Sphere, People in Aid, NGO/Red Cross Code of Conduct, CHS etc
- At least Bachelor’s Degree in social science field or related, master’s degree is desirable
At interview, shortlisted candidates will also be assessed on our values and organisational attributes, as outlined above.
- Knowledge of public health promotion and one or more relevant areas (e.g. health promotion, community water supply, sanitation, EFSCL/Cash).
- Experience of working in Yemen or in another conflict programme in the Middle East
- Fluent in both English and Arabic Language
This role will give you an opportunity to make a difference in Oxfam Programme, to act as key contributor to the Humanitarian Response in Yemen, to work with a group of passionate people that are specialists in their fields etc, training and development, offers fair pay and competitive benefits package.
- Accountability – Our purpose-driven, results-focused approach means we take responsibility for our actions and hold ourselves accountable. We believe that others should also be held accountable for their actions
- Empowerment – Our approach means that everyone involved with Oxfam, from our staff and supporters to people living in poverty, should feel they can make change happen
- Inclusiveness – We are open to everyone and embrace diversity. We believe everyone has a contribution to make, regardless of visible and invisible differences.
Our values and commitment to safeguarding
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom Oxfam GB engages. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
The post holder will undertake the appropriate level of training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organisation.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks. Oxfam GB also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. In line with this Scheme, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures.
We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organisation and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Oxfam is a global community who believe poverty isn’t inevitable. It’s an injustice that can be overcome. We are shop volunteers, women’s right activists, marathon runners, aid workers, coffee farmers, street fundraisers, goat herders, policy experts, campaigners, water engineers and more. And we won’t stop until everyone can live life without poverty for good.
Oxfam GB is a member of international confederation of 21 organisations working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development and campaigning, in more than 90 countries.
A thriving diverse Oxfam:
It’s people power that brings about change. To play our part as a global organisation working to overcome poverty and inequality, we need equality, diversity and inclusion across our community of staff, partners and volunteers. Together, we’re committed to becoming a more diverse workforce, better able to tackle the global challenges that face our world today.
To do that:
- We need to dismantle the unequal power structures that exist everywhere, this including Oxfam and the wider development and charity sectors.
- We need an inclusive Oxfam where everyone can bring who they are to our work and feels celebrated for the differences they bring.
- We want and need everyone, and that means we need you.
In response to Covid-19 if you are offered a role where you are required to travel between countries please ensure you have been briefed by the Hiring Manager about any changes to working or precautions you should take as part of your role.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل