Office Assistant – Volunteer
Human Appeal is a non-profit organisation working across the globe to strengthen humanity’s struggle against poverty, social injustice and natural disaster. Through the provision of immediate relief and establishment of sustainable development programmes, we aim to invest in real effective solutions.
Now over 25 years old, Human Appeal has a presence in 24 countries spanning across 3 continents: Asia, Africa and Europe. 2017 is an exciting time as we continue to build on our achievements to transform the lives of millions of people across the world. We are looking for a dynamic candidate who is passionate about international development to join our Programmes Department.
Expanding its work in humanitarian settings in Yemen, Human Appeal is urgently looking to recruit the following:
Job Title: Office Assistant – Volunteer
Hours: Full time
Duty Station: Sana’a
Responsible to: HoM
Deadline: 20 January 2017
We are looking for a competent Office Assistant to help with the organization and running of the daily administrative operations. The ideal candidate will be a hard-working professional able to undertake a variety of office support tasks and work diligently under pressure. This person will be comfortable working with a high degree of attention to detail and discretion as well as incorporating new and effective ways to achieve better results.
- Implement the standard operating guidelines for general administrational and provide administrative support to staff and visitors;
- Maintaining, keeping track of, and update records and payment schedules of the office utilities & supplies.
- Coordinate the maintenance and management of the office, furniture, equipment and other facilities and utilities. Monitor level of supplies and handle shortages.
- Answers and routes telephone calls; conveys information, answers inquiries staff, partners, suppliers; acts as office receptionist receiving and directing visitors, answering questions; forwarding messages and taking notes.
- Schedules and coordinates travels, trainings, meetings and appointments.
- Create and update records ensuring accuracy and validity of information.
- Responsible for maintaining office filing and recordkeeping systems.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- A bachelor degree in Humanities, social studies or any relevant discipline.
- 2 years of experience in office management or admin.
- Demonstrates adaptability and flexibility in all aspects of working;
- Able to draft all types of written communications.
- Able to multi-task in dealing with all job responsibilities.
- Good written and spoken Arabic & English.
- Computer literate, including word processing, databases/ spreadsheet.
- Hard worker, and can work well under pressure and with minimum supervision.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
Please send your CV, including cover letter (as one file) to the email address email@example.com
In the subject line please indicate the job title.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.