Human Appeal is a non-profit organisation working across the globe to strengthen humanity’s struggle against poverty, social injustice and natural disaster. Through the provision of immediate relief and establishment of sustainable development programmes, we aim to invest in real effective solutions.
Now over 25 years old, Human Appeal has a presence in 24 countries spanning across 3 continents: Asia, Africa and Europe. 2017 is an exciting time as we continue to build on our achievements to transform the lives of millions of people across the world. We are looking for a dynamic candidate who is passionate about international development to join our Programmes Department.
Expanding its work in humanitarian settings in Yemen, Human Appeal is urgently looking to recruit the following:
Job Title: Programme Officer
Hours: Full time
Duty Station: Sana’a
Responsible to: HoM
Deadline: 20 January 2017
- Management and implementation of projects in accordance to the organization policy and procedures.
- Monitoring of projects, including regular field visits to projects sites.
- Contract management and project controlling, implementation of program standards and donor guidelines.
- Identification of new funding opportunities through good relations with humanitarian actors, cluster coordination, etc.
- Development of new projects and proposal writing.
- Liaison and support Country Office staff and partner’s capacity building.
- Develop a volunteer network to support the HAI expansion and geographical coverage.
- Support to HAY Yemen ‘s advocacy and media work and contribute to fund-raising and public relations initiatives.
- Organization, preparation, collation and consolidation of annual work plans and budget administration for activities.
- Review work plans, activity reports, implement programme activities according to the technical, financial and administrative procedures prescribed in the programme document.
- Supports creation of strategic partnerships and implementation of the resource mobilization strategy focusing on achievement of the following results (a) analysis and research of information on donors, preparation of substantive briefs on possible areas of cooperation (b) Identification of opportunities for initiation of new projects, active contribution to the overall office effort in resource mobilization.
- Contribute to the production of key publicity materials for donors and stakeholders.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- University degree in political/social sciences, development studies, and/or disciplines relevant for development cooperation or project management.
- Sound understanding of key humanitarian & development concepts; project management, poverty reduction, gender equality, food security, etc. well as familiarity with cluster coordination.
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills
- Minimum 4 years of relevant work experience, preferably at international organizations.
- Excellent communication skills in English and Arabic.
Please send your CV, including cover letter (as one file) to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org
In the subject line please indicate the job title.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.