Mercy Corps is a leading international non-governmental humanitarian agency with a global mission to alleviate suffering, poverty and oppression by helping people build secure, productive and just communities.
Mercy Corps Yemen would like to announce that the following position is currently open for recruitment:
Position Title: Community Mobilizer
Number of Vacancy: 2
Duty Station: Al- Dhale.
Position Category: Full-time, Regular
Duration of Assignment: 6 Months
Deadline : January/13/2017
Mercy Corps (MC) is a non-profit, non-aligned, secular non-governmental (NGO) humanitarian relief and development organization, registered in the United States and Scotland with offices in more than 40 countries around the world, including Yemen, where the organization has recently expanded with a robust humanitarian response and youth conflict mitigation portfolio with programming and offices in Sana’a, Taiz and Aden.
Due to the prolonged displacement of the families that left Al Dhale in March 2015, Mercy Corps will support vulnerable, returnee households and communities with rehabilitation of sanitation infrastructure and temporary labor through cash for work and e-voucher modality.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
Under the leadership of the WASH Program Officer, the Community Mobilizer will take the lead in the execution of the field activities in Al Dhale. This key field position will require a committed and energetic professional with good communication skills and extensive experience in community mobilization, e-voucher cash transfer and cash for work.
He/ She will spend 90% in the field and will take responsibility for interacting and organizing project beneficiaries to ensure the program reaches its objectives.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Conduct stakeholder’s consultation meetings and actor mapping during program set-up phase and develop stakeholder database.
2. Establish community committees in target areas.
3. Conduct orientation and build capacity of community committees in project implementation and beneficiary selection process.
4. Lead the beneficiary selection process with the members of the community committee.
5. Assist the Field Engineer during technical assessments and site visits.
6. Assist the Field Engineer in preparing document during procurement process.
7. Assist the Field Engineer in raising payment for labors, monitoring labor’s work and preparing supporting document for submission to MEL and Finance Department.
8. Responsible in conducting spot checks and monitoring of attendance and performance of labors in the field.
9. Write and submit human interest stories and document activities through photos and videos on a monthly basis.
10. Write and submit weekly and monthly update reports
11. Any other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: none.
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO
WASH Program Officer.
WORKS DIRECTLY WITH
All program staff, local partner organizations, community committee.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
1. A university degree in relevant field is required.
2. Three years’ experience in program implementation with an international NGO is preferred.
3. Practical experience and theoretical knowledge on community mobilization and community engagement in conflict-affected areas.
4. Experience designing and implementing training and capacity building.
5. Experience in implementing cash for work and e-voucher cash transfer.
6. Understanding of the social, political and economic context of the country.
7. Advanced computer skills in MS Office programs, particularly Excel.
8. Excellent oral and written English skills with ability to draft and edit program reports.
9. Ability to think independently and problem solve.
10. Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
11. Honest, hardworking and committed to community development.
The ability to interact effectively with international and national personnel including local partners and community members is required. A demonstrated ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and process information analytically. A high professional standard of work ethics as well as the willingness and ability to enforce compliance with Mercy Corps and donor policies is essential.
Please note that Mercy Corps is an equal opportunity employer. As a result, Mercy Corps Yemen recruits staff members based on the qualifications for the position, without regard to tribal affiliation, race, color, religion, age, national origin, gender, disability, HIV status, marital status, or any other characteristic that may be protected by law.
Please if you are interesting send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mention in the email subject the position and location you apply for it.