Area Awards Coordinator
Save the Children in Yemen is looking for eligible candidates for the positions of:
Area Awards Coordinator – Based in Aden
The purpose of this post is support the Award Management Director and Award Managers in the planning, securing and managing of both development and humanitarian awards. The position plays a lead role in award information management and shares and coordinates information across departments.
Under the direction of an Award Manager, the Awards Coordinator will be responsible for ensuring that the SCI programme adheres to all its award management obligations internally within Save the Children and externally with donors. This will include financial and narrative reporting relating to donor awards and data quality in the Award Management System. This position is specifically responsible for assigned awards, and will ensure compliance with financial and administrative requirements, donor specific requirements and to make recommendations for improvements.
This role will work closely with Program Implementation/ Operations, PDQ and Finance on proposals, financial and narrative reporting, monitoring and analysis, and compliance processes. In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Developing self and others; Working effectively with others
- Build relationships with other teams to support the resolution of issues and coordination of deliverables i.e. reports
- Support the delivery of capacity building to other teams in the CO and to Partner organisations
- Build relationships with the region and centre and support in the escalation of issues if required
Communicating with impact, negotiation and coordination
- Engage with and coordinate across multiple stakeholder groups to support the development of high quality proposals
- Support the development of high quality proposals through planning and coordination with PDQ, Finance and other teams
- Coordinate and review donor reports including adequate planning to ensure deadlines are met
- Communicate and coordinate with Member contacts to understand and record any changes related to donor compliance requirements and reporting dates
- Facilitate award kick off meetings, including a focus on donor requirements and ensure these occur at the start of each award
Compliance (systems, processes, donor)
- Understanding of SCI processes and other key donor requirements and communication and adherence to these
- Understanding of the Award Management System (AMS) and reporting functions, and ensure AMS is up to date to drive data quality
- Accountable for driving AMS data completeness and quality for relevant awards
- Support kick off meetings led by the Award Manager and the communication of compliance requirements across the CO
Monitoring and analysis
- Critical review of proposal budgets to identify budget lines for review or omitted costs
- Work with Operations team and budget holders to develop budgets
- Financial analysis skills to perform award monitoring processes, highlight financial issues to Overseers and Budget Holders and perform further analysis to resolve issues identified
- Understanding of DRC budget codes and ability to work with Program team to determine appropriate structure
- Knowledge of donor budgeting formats to support budget holder understanding
Portfolio management and strategy
- Support AM Manager to perform portfolio level monitoring and analysis and follow up issues identified and resolve these
- Produce management reports and escalate identified portfolio issues in a timely manner
- Support Award Manager on the regular award review processes on designated awards
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- University degree in International Development, Business Administration or Finance
- Highly developed interpersonal and English communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching
- Experience managing grants, contracts & sub agreements with knowledge of major funders’ guidelines (e.g. USAID, ECHO, DFID, CIDA, SIDA etc.)
- Relevant experience managing donor funded projects with International NGO’s particularly those addressing human/children’s rights and those applying partnership approaches
- Strong analytical skills and strategic planning abilities. Computer literacy and excellent documentation skills are a must
- Ability to proactively identify issues and problem solving skills to address these
- Ability to establish and maintain conducive collegial relations and perform effectively as a member of a team
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Excellent time management and planning capacity
- Availability and willingness to work extra hours during times of humanitarian responses
We are looking for both men and women from Yemen with enthusiasm and commitment to improve the protection and promotion of the rights of all children in Yemen.
All applicants will be subject to Save the Children’s Child safe guarding Policy and Reference Checking Process.
Interested candidates should send CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for receiving applications is 21/01/2017
Please put “Area Awards Coordinator Aden” as the subject line of the email.