Mercy Corps is a leading international non-governmental humanitarian agency with a global mission to alleviate suffering, poverty and oppression by helping people build secure, productive and just communities.
Mercy Corps Yemen would like to announce that the following position is currently open for recruitment:
Position Title: Procurement Assistant
Number of Vacancy: 1
Duty Station: Aden
Position Category: Full-time, Regular
Duration of Assignment: One year
Deadline : January/16/2017
The Procurement Department is committed to implementing and maintaining the highest standards of efficiency and integrity in the purchase of goods and services. The overriding objective for all Mercy Corps procurement activity is the prompt and effective provision of materials and services to Mercy Corps’ beneficiary populations in compliance with donor specifications.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
The Procurement Assistant is responsible for facilitating the procurement aspects of Mercy Corps’ logistic operation. Working closely with Program, Administration, Finance and Logistics the Procurement Officer is instrumental in supporting program activities through his/her services.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Travel to Field sites in the Area of Responsibility to conduct and facilitate all aspects to tender processes.
- Travel to Field sites in the Area of Responsibility to delivering quotations to suppliers, receiving quotations from suppliers, deliver purchase orders and contracts for signing to suppliers/ contractors.
- Serve as facilitator for all bid committees as requested by the supervisor.
- Daily coordination of MC procurement activities;
- Has a full understanding of MC procurement policies and formats. Assists, as needed in training staff on these policies;
- Assists staff as needed on creating clear and understandable purchase requests and other documentation;
- Collects quotations and bids from the market for PR-s as assigned by manager – as per Mercy Corps standards and formats;
- Obtains samples from suppliers for review and approval from program staff.
- Interact with Vendors during collection of quotations – explain Mercy Corps formats and ensure that vendors will use the provided forms.
- Ensure fair competition and strictly adhere to MC procurement rules regarding vendor relations as described below:
- Always accord prompt and courteous reception and fair and equal treatment to all vendors/suppliers and their representatives.
- Provide equal opportunity for vendors/suppliers to make price and specification quotations.
- Guarantee the confidentiality of all specifications and price quotations made by vendors/suppliers.
- Decline to take advantage of vendors/suppliers’ errors, and show consideration for vendors/suppliers’ difficulties by co-operating with them whenever possible.
- Avoid subjecting vendors/suppliers to needless expense or inconvenience when requesting quotations or returning goods.
- Explain as clearly and fully as possible to vendors/suppliers the reason(s) for the rejection of their bids/proposals.
- Remain scrupulously free of obligations to any vendor/supplier.
- Remain informed about sources of supply, methods, services and materials and encourage vendors/suppliers to test and develop improved or expanded products and services.
- Inform vendors/suppliers about current and anticipated requirements.
- If, for any reason, one vendor/supplier is permitted to re-quote (submit a revised quotation), all competitors should be given the same opportunity. Re-quoting should be kept to an absolute minimum.
- Interact with contractors, in coordination with the Program & Operations;
- Prepare the required documentation of supplies and transactions are completed to MC standards.
- Assist the P&O management and office staff with procurement activities, as required;
- Other duties as assigned
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: N/A
ACCOUNTABILITY: Accountable for following Mercy Corps Field Procurement Manual, the MC Code of conduct regarding procurement activities and MC Conflict of Interest policy.
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO:
WORKS DIRECTLY WITH:
Operations departments, Program departments, Finance department and all team members.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
Degree in a relevant business field is desired. Minimum 1 year experience in supply chain management; international business or related field. Strong organizational skills; ability to interact effectively with international and national personnel.
Good oral and written English skills. Good computer skills on MS Office programs, especially in MS Excel. A demonstrated ability to multi-task and process information into action as to not delay program activities. A clear understanding of procurement ethics and donor compliance is essential.
• Conscientious with an excellent sense of judgment
• Ability to work simultaneously on multiple tasks
• Willingness and ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to work as part of a team and coordinate with project personnel
• Good spoken and written English
• Computer literate and strong organizational skills
Please note that Mercy Corps is an equal opportunity employer. As a result, Mercy Corps Yemen recruits staff members based on the qualifications for the position, without regard to tribal affiliation, race, color, religion, age, national origin, gender, disability, HIV status, marital status, or any other characteristic that may be protected by law.
Please if you are interesting send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mention in the email subject the position and location you apply for it.