Title of Position: Admin/HR Assistant
Position Number: UNOPS Position
Category / Level: LICA-4/Sub-1
Salary: USD 1,347 per Month (Other Allowances)
Entry on Duty: 01 March 2017
Duration: Initially for a period of six months (with possibility of extension)
Date of Issue: 10 January 2017
Closing Date for Applications: 23 January 2017
The Senior Admin/HR Assistant will function under direct supervision of the Head of Field Office in Hodeidah. He will be providing administrative and HR support to the office, liaising with the Administrative/Finance and HR units in Branch Office Sana'a.
- Attend on day-to-day admin matters; administer the movement of UNHCR staff members, and assist in administrative formalities related to travel arrangements and facilitate various official missions of UNHCR staff and other persons of concern to UNHCR;
- Assist in requisition of office supplies, equipment and arrange for distribution together with the appropriate inventory records;
- Manage operational cash advance for office minor expenses;
- Maintain office vehicles and supervision of office drivers; manage and maintain office premises, equipment, and furniture;
- Draft correspondence and reports, as required, on general administrative or specialized tasks which may be of a confidential nature within the assigned area of responsibility; Type correspondence, documents and reports, some of which may be highly confidential;
- Perform other duties as required.
- Process local staff members’ contracts, entitlements and benefits in accordance with Staff Rules and established HR procedures
- Advise staff members on their rights, obligations, benefits and entitlements, and assist them in interpreting UN/UNHCR staff rules and regulations
- Assist newly-arrived international staff with administrative formalities related to their accreditations, security/ground passes, submission of completed forms and related documents to headquarters, arrange travel and hotel reservations
- Administer UNHCR medical insurance plan for locally recruited staff.
- Maintain personnel records in the office, including maintenance of the attendance, overtime and leave records.
- Perform other duties as required.
Monitoring and Progress Control:
Ensure an efficient and timely support to the office and colleagues.
Essential minimum qualifications, professional experience and required competencies:
- Completion of secondary education with certificates in administrative training.
- Minimum 3 years of previous relevant work experience
Desirable qualifications and competencies:
- Good knowledge of UNHCR administrative procedures and processes and exposure to provision of support
- services in an international organization
- High IT affinity
- Fluency in English and Arabic
- Field experience with UNHCR and/or with other humanitarian organizations is an asset
Interested candidates must fill a Personal History (P.11) form and the supplementary Bio Data table (Excel) (Can be dowlonaded from the links below) . Completed P11 form and summary table should be submitted along with a motivation letter and CV by e-mail to the below email address.
The email subject line should clearly indicate Last Name, Title of the position and VA Ref. number stated on this announcement. Applications missing any of the above elements, and not duly completed, will unfortunately not be considered.
Senior Admin/Finance Officer
Address: UNHCR BO Sana’a, P.O. Box 12093
Tel. contact: +967-1-469771/2
Fax: +967-1-469 770
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Shortlisted candidates will be requested to sit for a test. No late applications will be accepted. UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees).