BHA Roving MEAL Manager This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
TITLE: BHA Roving Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning (MEAL) Manager
TEAM/PROGRAMME: Program Development and Quality (PDQ)- MEAL
LOCATION: Sana’ with frequent travels to the field offices in both Northern and Southern Yemen
Level 3: the post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
ROLE PURPOSE: Under the anticipated large Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance (BHA) funded award, SCI Yemen is looking for a BHA Roving MEAL Manager, who will lead and support the project design, MEAL system implementation, and related MEAL resource management. The BHA award is a 15-months multi-sectoral grant implemented in field offices in the north and south. The award delivers life-saving assistance in WASH, Food Assistance, Child Protection, Health, and Nutrition.
Core expectations of this role include: leading and coordinating needs and market assessment; the monitoring and implementation of program quality; implementation of accountability, feedback, and learning systems to facilitate program improvements; monitoring and evaluation of award activities; report writing, and communications with stakeholders. The position will also contribute to MEAL budget monitoring; participate in the recruitment of dedicated BHA MEAL staff across field offices, conduct regular training, and capacity building as well as offer timely guidance to field offices MEAL teams. She/he will establish trusted and effective working relationships with the country office PDQ team and field office MEAL teams to get work done in a collaborative and coordinated manner.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: BHA Deputy Project Director
Staff reporting to this post: N/A
Budget Responsibilities: None
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Implementation of MEAL
- Oversee a functional MEAL system, and timely delivery of BHA internal and external MEAL requirements – including IPTT tracking and monitoring; activity monitoring (during and post-activity monitoring); outputs, service, and beneficiary database management;
- Implement program quality assurance system, ensuring BHA award implementation comply with SCI sectoral quality benchmark standards: child safeguarding; other safeguarding measures like Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA); and corruption; protection mainstreaming, COVID-19 prevention and gender;
- Contribute to the development of high-quality regular donor reports and activity dashboards;
- Implement robust and efficient documentation and information management system, incorporating data privacy and protection protocols;
- Coordinate the technical design, implementation, and management of baseline, endline, and internal/external evaluation activities.
- Support MEAL FOs in the implementation of Feedback, and Response Mechanisms (FRM), to capture and document positive and critical feedback, information sharing with project participants, and timely resolution of complaints.
Using Learning and Feeding in Program Design
- Ensure there is a system to document lessons learned and best practices, advise on and shape current implementations, and inform future BHA award design;
- Lead and coordinate BHA related needs assessment activities including but not limited to assessment tool design/development, design of methodology, data collection, analysis, and presentation/communications;
- Participate in BHA concept note and proposal development, generation of evidence-based problem analysis, development of logical project design tools like the theory of change, log-frame, and MEAL plans;
- With support from BHA DPD, and Head of MEAL, identify MEAL staffing needs, and support in rapid recruitment, induction, performance management, and training;
- Lead Capacity Building events for FO MEAL teams, through mentoring, coaching, and training on required MEAL approaches standards and tools;
Assist PDQ in Strategic Initiatives
- Assist the PDQ department/Head of MEAL in the development of the country Annual plan, country Annual report;
- Contribute to the reporting process of the SC Global Indicators and ensure timely and high-quality Submission;
Maintaining and developing collaborative relationships:
- Maintain trusted network and collaborative relationship with PDQ, MEAL FO teams, and other departments;
- Ensure effective cross-team communications, and build social capital through effective listening skills, respect for alternate perspectives from internal and external stakeholders;
- Work with country office MEAL teams on join initiatives and contribute to good practice on SC MEAL System;
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modeling Save the Children values;
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance, and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team takes responsibility for their personal development and encourages their team to do the same;
- Widely shares their vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others;
- Future orientated thinks strategically and on a global scale;
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners, and supporters
- Values diversity sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks.
- honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates the highest levels of integrity
- Bachelor degree/social since is preferable
- EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Education in BSc or Masters level in a relevant subject and/or equivalent field experience
- 3 years’ experience managing or leading MEAL function;
- Experience leading and working on FFP and OFDA MEAL related systems and requirements;
- Previous experience in coordinating MEAL work and teams across field offices;
- Demonstrated experience in leading assessment activities and of designing, monitoring, and evaluating integrated programs and sectors of Food Assistance, WASH, Health and Nutrition, and Child Protection;
- Proven capacity to supervise, train, and coach staff in MEAL technical skills;
- Demonstrated strong monitoring and evaluation skills, including planning/participating in evaluations;
- Knowledge of BHA/FFP/OFDA and experience in developing proposals
- Ability to write a clear and well-argued assessment and project reports
- Excellent communication skills
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact, and diplomacy
- A high level of written and spoken English
- The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances.
- Good written & oral English proficiency
- Skills and experience using online data collection and analytical soft wares
- Bright, analytical, independent, and reliable person
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, and solve problems independently.
- Ability to identify and solve issues relating to monitoring and evaluation.
- Experience in an emergency context;
- Experience with health & nutrition programs, including knowledge of HMIS preferred;
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties following the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties following SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل