Field Coordinator - Consultant This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Field Coordinator - Consultant
Search for Common Ground (Search) is an international non-profit organization that promotes peaceful resolution of conflict. Search’s mission is to transform how individuals, organizations, and governments deal with conflict - away from adversarial approaches and toward cooperative solutions. Search seeks to help conflicting parties understand their differences and act on their commonalities. With a total of approximately 400 staff worldwide, Search implements projects from 39 offices in 36 countries, including in Africa, Asia, Europe, the Middle East, and the United States. The organization is an exciting and rewarding place to work at, with a dedicated and enthusiastic staff who love their work. You will be joining a highly motivated staff with a good team spirit and there will be opportunities to grow in the role. Search has been working in Yemen since 2010 to promote social cohesion through work with youth, media, and women’s groups across the country. Search Yemen is seeking highly qualified individuals for the following position:
- Remain alert and responsive to any child safeguarding risks, acquire relevant knowledge and skills which will enable you to promote strong safeguarding practices, understand the child safeguarding policy and procedures, and conduct yourself in a manner consistent with the Child Safeguarding Policy.
- Commit to implementing the goal of gender equality and maximize the participation and involvement of women and men in all aspects of program implementation.
- Ensure a safe working environment for all people involved in project implementation and maintain the highest standards of behavior when working with the community targeted.
- Adhere to all organizational policies and procedures as outlined in Search policies and procedure manuals.
- Follow all organizational protocols and regulations according to guidance provided by the HR department
Vacancy: Field Coordinator - Consultant
Duration: 4 months (with possible extension)
Reports to: Deputy Chief of Party
Position(s) directly reporting to this position: None
Search for Common Ground (Search)-Yemen is seeking an experienced consultant to serve as a Field Coordinator to lead the rollout and implementation of Community-led Initiatives in Ad-Dahle and Taiz, Yemen, and support the coordination other Social Cohesion activities in Taiz and Dahle, Yemen. The project aims to support marginalized communities in preventing violence and overcome barriers to services and other risks they face. Search-Yemen’s project interventions will focus on promoting social cohesion, strengthening the capacity of the local leaders and civil society organizations, as well as supporting initiatives in support of at-risk communities.
Based in Taiz, the Field Coordinator will report to the Deputy Chief of Party, based in Washington D.C, and will have a dotted line of supervision from the Project Manager, based in Aden, Yemen. The Field Coordinator will provide essential support to the project, handle administrative, operational and programmatic functions related to community initiatives in Dahle and Taiz, such as planning meetings with key stakeholders, including relevant authorities, engaging with community leaders to plan, monitor and report on project activities, and overseeing the minute details associated with complex task tracking, working with the Project Manager, the Project Assistant, the project team, and members of the operational team to achieve project success.
The Field Coordinator is expected to have excellent planning, operational and communication abilities (writing and verbal) to maintain excellent relations with key stakeholders. The working languages for this position are Arabic and English
The Field Coordinator will be based in Taiz working and will report to the Search management team based in Washington D.C.
The Field Coordinator will report directly to the Deputy Chief of Party while performing the following main responsibilities:
Project Implementation tasks/responsibilities -
- Support the design, preparation, management, and supervision of Community-led Initiatives being implemented in Dahle and Taiz. This entails ensuring that all activities are responsibly managed and completed in a timely, efficient and accurate manner
- Reach out to stakeholders in local communities to advocate for and determine the feasibility of running community-led initiatives in their neighborhoods
- Coordinate with Insider Mediators in Dahle and Taiz and the Project Assistant in Aden the implementation of other Social Cohesion activities, such as HR-Based Awareness and Support, Community Outreach events, and Community Dialogues
- Conduct field visits to targeted communities to supervise the various processes of the community-led initiatives
- Maintain positive relations with Insider Mediators and relevant authorities
- Ensure documents requiring a signature are approved and processed in a timely manner.
- Receive and collect documents related to the project activities and maintains an accurate and complete filing system electronically and in hard copies.
- Prepare logistics, including invitations, participants’ cards, desk signs, participants’ lists, attendance lists, invoices, per diem forms, taking photos, making copies
- Ensure that interventions conducted are in-line with project documents and consistent with contractual arrangements committed by Search-Yemen to the donor
- Adhere to Search-Yemen values and principles during all project implementation stages, especially to those related to gender sensitivity
Administrative & financial tasks/responsibilities
- Ensure that communication, cooperation, and coordination with the operations and finance departments are maintained for the interest of Search-Yemen
- Assist in the application of quality filing and reporting systems for project activities
Overall organizational & leadership responsibilities
- Fulfill commitments for the project goal of gender equality and maximize the participation and involvement of women and men in all aspects of program implementation
- Maximize a safe working environment for all people involved in project implementation
- Maintain the highest standards of behavior when working with and for the targeted communities
- Prioritize adherence to all organizational policies, rules, and procedures (as outlined in Search-Yemen’s policies and procedure manuals)
As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution or bachelor’s degree with equivalent field experiences
- At least 3 years professional proved experience in a comparable position
- Previous engagement in peacebuilding, community projects, humanitarian or development or related fields
- Demonstrated skills and experience in administrative, organizational, financial and operational project work
- Strong experience in managing and coordinating project activities for a wide range of stakeholders
- Proven work experience with/for CSOs, NGOs, and local government structures is desirable
- Strong capacity-building experience
- Demonstrated and professional reporting skills and the ability to be result oriented
- Knowledge and experience in conflict transformation and peacebuilding is highly desirable
- Strong experience in monitoring and evaluation processes
Other important and relevant skills & competencies
- Knowledge of the Yemeni conflict context with progressive experiences working in local Yemeni contexts
- Deep knowledge of Taiz and Dahle’s socio-political context
- Well organized with capacity to work efficiently, managing multiple work streams
- Ability to maintain and develop professional working relationships at all levels, both internally and externally
- Capable of defining and managing priorities to tight deadlines and in an efficient manner
- Ability to lead professional teams towards predefined results
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, creatively solve problems, and work with minimum supervision
- Willingness to travel within the country and within fragile security conditions
- Excellent interpersonal skills, energetic, and socially tolerant
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (both Arabic and English)
- Very good knowledge and skills in ITC technologies (related software, internet etc…) and in computer applications (e.g. MS Office, Excel etc…)
- Able to work under pressure
This position is conditional on donor’s approval.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل