Ended Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist
Reports To: Program Director
Location: Sana'a, Yemen
The Yemen Food for Asset Development (YFAD) Program is designed to support and strengthen ROY safety net systems. It is as participatory and transparent as effectively possible in order to engender trust and support from key stakeholders, ranging from the government down to the communities and beneficiaries themselves. The program seeks to open opportunities for an equal number of men and women 18 years old and older. YFAD employs an integrated strategy involving the use of food aid to vulnerable households, labor based methods to re-engage actors in their own recovery, and participatory decision-making approaches focused on women, in order to develop productive assets that are owned, managed and maintained by target households and the community. The three-years program has been granted a three month extension and will be completed in March 2017. The extension will entail a one time food distribution in two districts in Ibb ( Jibalh and Hazm Aludayn) to approx. 900 HH. To this end, the program seeks to hire a M&E Specialist to work for two months to implement the work required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Specialist will be responsible and accountable for the performance of the missions’ programmatic monitoring and evaluation systems. In particular, he/she will:
- Assess current M&E system and observe its use in the field.
- Design long-term monitoring and evaluation plans based on results of assessment mission.
- Develop tools as requested.
- Develop key monitoring indicators for new programs, redesign existing M&E systems/indicators as needed.
- Overseeing the collection of all relevant project data in the field by interacting with program implementation staff and other staff as needed.
- Monitor program performance in meeting established objectives.
- Liaise with program technical specialists of partner organizations and government agencies.
- Train country staff on M&E tools and plans and ensure that country program staff members share best practices throughout the region.
- If needed, draft case studies using information compiled from projects within the specific region.
- Update and revise these case studies as new information is captured.
- Provide remote support to GC staff members.
- Produce monthly monitoring reports.
- Prepare program monitoring and evaluation reports for submission to Program Director.
- Ensure compliance with GC’s and/or donor’s policies and procedures.
- Develop best practice papers and lessons learned reports to ensure innovations are documented and integrated into future programs.
- Due to nature of organization’s activities, above mentioned tasks are indicative only and are subject to change. Others/additional tasks may be delegated to meet organization’s objectives.
- Perform other duties, as needed or requested.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
University degree in Community Development 2-3 years of relevant professional experience in a similar setting (developing, post-conflict or conflict countries) and capacity
Fluency in written and oral English and Arabic or local language. Must be able to read and interpret documents, and communicate with others as necessary to perform job duties effectively.
Due to nature of activities and areas where we operate, you might have to work under difficult working/travel/accommodation conditions. Able to
work on a computer and operate a keyboard, for extended periods of time. Able to work out of office location, at times at odd hours. Field travel to the target areas required.
Length of contract is two months.
Application should consist of a one page cover letter and detailed resume or CV. Cover letter should include the applicant’s earliest date of availability to begin work with the YFAD program. Resume or CV should include the applicant’s detailed work and educational history.
Applications should be submitted to
the subject line of the email should be the name of the position being applied for.
Applications submitted after January 17, 2017 will not be considered. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.