Deputy Project Coordinator For MSF Mobile Emergency Team This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
DEPUTY PROJECT COORDINATOR FOR MSF MOBILE EMERGENCY TEAM
- Position status: Full-time
- Location: Based in Sana’a city with regular deployment in different governorates according to operational needs and MET project locations (20% in Sana’a, 80% in the field)
- Contract duration: 6 months renewable
Doctors Without Borders / Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, humanitarian, non-governmental organization providing assistance to people in need as a result of natural and man-made disasters, irrespective of race, religion, ideology or politics.
MSF Project Summary
Emergency response constitutes one of the core activities of Doctors without Borders. MSF Switzerland is recruiting a Deputy Project Coordinator for its Mobile Emergency Team (MET) project that responds to emergencies such as epidemic of infectious diseases, response to nutritional crisis, population displacement or increase of war-wounded in different governorates. The MET is implementing projects in different governorates of Yemen often in complex and sensitive contexts.
The team is based in Sana’a, but all team members are required to work where the MET intervention is being implemented. The deployment in different governorates could be as high as 80-90% of working time, depending on the level of emergency response in a particular year.
If you find yourself within the characteristics, the professional requirements and the tasks indicated in this vacancy, we are looking forward to your application.
The Project Coordinator (PC) delegates ad hoc responsibilities to the Deputy Project Coordinator according to objective criteria taking into consideration sustainability in the treatment of the different dossiers. In general terms, the Deputy Project Coordinator will assist the PC in planning project’s objectives and priorities, by identifying the population’s health needs, analyzing the context, risks and constraints, and by calculating human and financial resources needed. He/she will contribute to the supervision, monitoring and follow-up together with the PC of all aspects of the projects in order to ensure its efficient and smooth functioning. He/she will replace the Project Coordinator in his/her absence.
- Contribute to the analysis of the political, humanitarian, economic and social context in project area in order ensure that MSF's charter, policies and image are respected with regards to national employees, populations, authorities and partners.
- Contributes to the planning, supervision, monitoring and follow-up, together with the PC, of all aspects of the projects, according to the project plan, MSF operational policy and main strategic lines.
- Participate in the security management in the project, updating the security guidelines.
- Upon request of the PC, represents MSF within the project limits (local authorities, media, governmental and non-governmental bodies, etc.) and negotiates collaboration agreements. Legal representation is not delegable unless legally backed up (powers of attorney, etc.)
- Support the PC in planning and organizing project’s human resources, participate in their day-to-day management, in the induction of new staff, undertake evaluation of staff under his/her direct supervision and define training needs accordingly.
- Participate in exploratory missions according to the PC’s indications, in order to better comprehend context, priorities, constraints and population needs.
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
- The Deputy PC, together with the PC, is responsible to coordinate the preparation, implementation, monitoring and reporting of the project strategy and activities within the framework of the MSF operational policy and MET annual plan. Upon PC request, he/she can be assigned directly project activity management.
- The Deputy PC actively follows and reports changes in situation and context with regards to security, medical and humanitarian issues, and contributes to the review of, or new proposal for MET interventions in regards with those changes.
- The Deputy PC will support the PC in official meetings and negotiations with authorities regarding access, security, project content, …. He/She facilitates and ensures optimal relationship with local authorities, humanitarian organizations, local communities and other key actors. Upon PC request, he/she is in charge to represent MSF during official meetings with key stakeholders.
- The Deputy PC assists the PC in supporting and managing the MET multi-disciplinary team. In Sanaa or at field level, the deputy PC is acting as head of the office and is responsible for its daily optimal functioning (with the support of each department manager).
- Upon PC request, he/she is responsible to participate to project document writing and presentation, assists the PC with translation in key meetings and for official written letters/documents.
Given the operational nature of the MET, such key position is very demanding and requires flexibility, reactivity and adaptability to respond to the operational needs and to changing working and living conditions in the field. Given the diverse areas of intervention compliance and acceptance of security restrictions are essential. Solid communication and diplomatic skills, as well as solution-oriented and hands-on mentality are expected. Furthermore, high level of stress resistance and management as welll as strong leadership and cultural sensitivity are expected from Project coordinator.
- Essential university degree, preferably in the field of Social Sciences (Political Sciences, International Public Law, …) or medical/paramedical, Public Health or Project Management
- Essential previous experience of at least two years in a similar position in the field of humanitarian aid with MSF or other NGOs in a complex political, security and humanitarian environment
- Essential previous experience in team management and in project management.
- Essential mission (English) and Arabic languages with high level oral and written skills
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
- Excellent understanding of MSF’s principles and values
- Strategic vision and leadership.
- People management and teamwork.
- Data collection, reporting, planning and analysis skills
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل
Other jobs from MSF
PaediatricianDeadline:31 Jul | Hajjah (Abs)
Obstetrician GynaecologistDeadline:31 Dec | Hajjah (Abs)
Doctor AnaesthetistDeadline:31 Dec | Hajjah (Abs)
Obstetrician GynaecologistDeadline:31 Dec | Hodiedah
Learning and Development SpecialistDeadline:02 Apr | Aden