Ended Field Officer
Job Title: Field Officer
Reports To: Deputy Program Director
The Yemen Food for Asset Development (YFAD) Program is designed to support and strengthen ROY safety net systems. It is as participatory and transparent as effectively possible in order to engender trust and support from key stakeholders, ranging from the government down to the communities and beneficiaries themselves. YFAD employs an integrated strategy involving the use of food aid to vulnerable households, labor-based methods to reengage actors in their own recovery, and participatory decision-making approaches focused on women in order to develop productive assets that are owned, managed and maintained by target HHs and the community.
The three-years program has been granted a three months extension and will be completed in March 2017. The extension will entail a one time food distribution in two districts in Ibb (Jibalh and Hazm Aludayn) to approx. 900 HH. To this end, the program seeks to hire one field officer resident of Ibb to work for two months to implement the work required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Field Officer will be based in Ibb governorate, in one of the target districts and be able to move to the targeted districts to implement the required Job. Under the supervision of the Deputy Program Director ( DPD), the Field Officer’s role will include:
- contributing to weekly and monthly work plans and reports
- in close cooperation with the M&E team, carry out and oversee overall beneficiaries data verification.
- participate in verify program beneficiaries in the targeted district.
- overseeing timely and quality implementation of distribution of food vouchers,
- establishing positive and effective relationship with beneficiaries, community leaders and local authorities.
- working closely with the program Food Voucher officer to ensure smooth implementation of food voucher distribution and planned projects.
- promptly reporting to the DPD possible incidents /security issues.
- Contributing to maintaining the organization’s good reputation in the country.
- Finalize in time all required documentation concerning food distribution, signed distribution lists, distribution reports
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience in working with local communities
- Ability to represent the organization and its program to the public, government officials, and local NGOs.
- Proficiency with the MS Office software (i.e., Word, Excel) on computers and/or Smartphones.
- Hardworking and committed to community development.
- Preferable to have experience in working in food security programs, including conducting and/or oversee food distribution activity.
Minimum Secondary School Certificate.
Excellent oral and written Arabic skills. English is an asset.
- The field officer needs to be located in one of the target districts. Travel is required to follow the project activities; there may be a need to work at odd hours.
Length of contract is two months.
To view the Arabic Version of the Job Description please download the file below
Application should consist of a one page cover letter and CV. Cover letter should include the applicant’s earliest date of availability to begin work with the YFAD program.
Applications should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
ONLY APPLICANTS RESIDENT IN IBB NEED TO APPLY.
the subject line of the email should be the name of the position being applied for.
Applications submitted after January 17, 2017 will not be considered.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.