Mercy Corps is a leading international non-governmental humanitarian agency with a global mission to alleviate suffering, poverty and oppression by helping people build secure, productive and just communities.
Mercy Corps Yemen would like to announce that the following position is currently open for recruitment:
Position Title: MEL Assistant
Number of Vacancy: 2
Duty Station: Taiz, Yemen
Position Category: Full-time AND Regular
Mercy Corps (MC) is a non-profit, non-aligned, secular non-governmental (NGO) humanitarian relief and development organization, registered in the United States and Scotland with offices in more than 40 countries around the world, including Yemen, where the organization has recently expanded with a robust humanitarian response in the governorates of Sana’a, Taiz and Aden.
Political instability, civil insecurity, an intensified war, and localized conflicts have plunged the country into a serious humanitarian crisis, and put into further jeopardy an already precarious humanitarian situation of Yemen. Fighting escalated into a full humanitarian crisis after a coalition led by Saudi Arabia began airstrikes against targets inside Yemen on March 26th, 2015. These led to massive displacement of populations facing multiple challenges including shelter, managing scarce resources for food, water and NFIs and basic health supplies and particularly worrying are the needs of protection for vulnerable groups, among others, women, children and people with disabilities. Mercy Corps is responding to the crisis through
interventions in water and sanitation (WASH), health & nutrition, shelter and Food and non-food item distribution (NFIs), including cash assistance.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
The Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Assistant will collect and analyze relevant data in order for the
team to measure program impact and ensure compliance with the MC Minimum Standards.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Frequent field visits to conduct an on-going data collection process through interviews with beneficiary households and other stakeholders and ensure high-quality data is collected in accordance with the agreed time plan and data collection strategy.
2. Participate in baseline, midline, and end line surveys as required
3. Enter monitoring data into computer-based data collection system according to schedule, and or supervise this process
4. In coordination with the MEL Officer analyze and summarize data, and help ensure high-quality reporting for regular, interim and final reports.
5. Support an on-going process of beneficiary verification.
6. Monitor distributions and market prices in the local market as requested.
7. Work with MEL Officer to track that program-based monitoring activities are being performed according to schedule
8. Work with the MEL Officer to implement directed research projects
9. Work in collaboration with the MEL Officer to provide timely reports and data summaries
10. Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to the organization and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
11. Watch and report on any new needs arising in the project target areas.
12. Other duties as assigned.
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO
WORKS DIRECTLY WITH
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
1- A university degree in relevant field is required.
2- Experience working within an international NGO is preferred.
3- Understanding of the social, political and economic context of Sana’a.
4- Advanced computer skills in MS Office programs, particularly Excel.
5- Strong oral and written English skills.
6- Ability to think independently and problem solve.
7- Ability to interpret figures.
8- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
9- Honest, hardworking and committed to community development
The successful MEL Assistant will have an outstanding ability to mobilize community for data collection S/he should have ability to undertake multiple tasks and be flexible. S/he should have problem solving skills and pay attention to details.
The most successful Mercy Corps staff members have a strong commitment to teamwork and accountability, thrive in evolving and changing environments with an appropriate sense of humor and make effective written and verbal communication a priority in all situations.
Please note that Mercy Corps is an equal opportunity employer. As a result, Mercy Corps Yemen recruits staff members based on the qualifications for the position, without regard to tribal affiliation, race, color, religion, age, national origin, gender, disability, HIV status, marital status, or any other characteristic that may be protected by law.
Please if you are interesting send your CV to email@example.com Please mention in the email subject the position and location you apply for it.