Development Portfolio Coordinator This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
CARE International is currently seeking Development Portfolio Coordinator who will provide leadership in coordination of quality implementation of all key development projects in CARE Yemen program that range from Youth and Education, and Social Empowerment.
Position: Development Portfolio Coordinator
Location: Sana’a ( Country Office)
- To Ensure the development portifolio projects are well implemented and reported to donors and all key stake holders.
- To Ensure the Development portifolio Projects have a positive impact on the direct beneficiaries.
- Oversee the implementation of development programs and ensure that they are on track and in line with country office program strategy well as CI Programming Principles.
- Work closely with the Financial Controller and Deputy Area Managers (DAMs) to ensure that the project budgets are controlled and reported on a monthly basis, in addition to supporting the Area Managers to prepare accurate budgeting and forecasting.
- Work closely with the Deputy Area Managers (DAMs) and Program Quality unit to ensure that the project implementation is carried out according to the work plan which needs to be updated on a monthly basis.
- Work closely with units in Program Support (finance, procurement, HR, logistics, etc.) to ensure proper coordination for efficient program implementation.
- Lead the monthly forecasting process with Area Offices with a result of on-time and accurate submission.
- Coordinate with relevant technical advisors for project reviews and reporting.
- Ensure compliance of all projects in line with CARE’s and donors’ compliance guidelines and requirements.
- Support Area Offices with budget and spending monitoring of all active development projects to ensure minimization of overspent or underspent.
- Lead the process of budgetary management such as ensuring accurate budget split, budget amendment, budget realignment, etc.
- Manage contractual processes such as IPIA, donor agreement, costed extension, no-cost extensions, etc.
- Lead all the reporting process within CARE Yemen and with CARE member Partners and in-country donors.
External & Internal Coordination:
- Represent CARE at relevant Donor, CARE Member Partners (CMPs) and General Coordination meetings as requested by line manager.
- Work with the Information and Reporting Officer or relevant colleagues to produce necessary materials to disseminate information throughout CARE International and externally to in-country donors. Such materials may include situation reports, human stories, etc.
- Serve as a donor and CMP focal point.
- Coordinate with Finance/Grants, HR, Procurement and Program Support team to achieve program deliverables.
- Contribute to the conditions to ensure effective teamwork and morale and promote a productive work environment respectful of the Code of Conduct with zero tolerance for verbal and physical abuse or discrimination against other persons on the grounds of race, color, sex or creed.
- Contribute to and implement personally all elements of CARE Yemen Performance Management system.
- Capacity support to Area Offices/local partners and other relevant assignments
- Fill in for other Program Coordinators when required.
- Ensure COVID-19 SOPs are mainstreamed during projects implementation and reporting.
- Provide support to help ensuring that Gender and Protection are mainstreamed in all project’s implementation.
- Provide capacity support to the field program teams and local partners in project management and reporting skills using donor templates to ensure quality of the reports from field teams.
- Liaise with Communication teams to ensure there are good communication materials such as success stories accompanying reporting.
- Contribute to capacity support of local partner organizations partnering with CARE mainly on ensuring quality activities reporting.
- Contribute to program development especially in program design and, where necessary, proposal and budget development.
Qualification, Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- At least a Master's Degree in international relations, social sciences or related field of study
- Minimum 5 years of experience in program/project cycle management including grant management, coordination or management role, especially working with similar INGOs and/or Yemen context.
- Previous training in Development principles and standards including accountability initiatives
- Good computer literacy with a full knowledge of office applications.
- Excellent written and spoken English and Fluency in Arabic.
- Ability to prioritize work assignments, organize own schedule, perform independently
- Excellent analysis and writing skills; concept notes and program design documents (including logframes).
- Capacity building skills and ability to train field staff on key implementation and reporting identified gaps.
- Experience managing humanitarian programs, understanding of program cycle management in a conflict setting; strong team player and people management, excellent communications and ability to build the capacity of teams.
- Proven experience in technical report writing, budget management and coordinating the production of these reports with various field teams.
- Excellent ability to negotiate with internal and external audiences, represent the organization in government, UN and NGOs and influence decisions.
- Ability to manage stress, work under pressure, problem solve and make decisions.
- Demonstrate initiative and problem solving skills in the face of unexpected challenges.
- Self-motivated and energetic
- Comply with all relevant CARE policies and procedures with respect to child protection, workplace environment, employee code of conduct and all other related subjects.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل