Ended Community Mobilizer
Mercy Corps is a leading international non-governmental humanitarian agency with a global mission to alleviate suffering, poverty and oppression by helping people build secure, productive and just communities.
Mercy Corps Yemen would like to announce that the following position is currently open for recruitment:
Position Title: Community Mobilizer
Number of Vacancy: 1
Duty Station: Taiz, Yemen
Position Category: Full-time AND Regular
Mercy Corps (MC) is a non-profit, non-aligned, secular non-governmental (NGO) humanitarian relief and development organization, registered in the United States and Scotland with offices in more than 40 countries around the world, including Yemen, where the organization has recently expanded with a robust humanitarian response in the governorates of Sana’a, Taiz and Aden.
Political instability, civil insecurity, an intensified war, and localized conflicts have plunged the country into a serious humanitarian crisis, and put into further jeopardy an already precarious humanitarian situation of Yemen. Fighting escalated into a full humanitarian crisis after a coalition led by Saudi Arabia began airstrikes against targets inside Yemen on March 26th, 2015. These led to massive displacement of populations facing multiple challenges including shelter, managing scarce resources for food, water and NFIs and basic health supplies and particularly worrying are the needs of protection for vulnerable groups, among others, women, children and people with disabilities. Mercy Corps is responding to the crisis through
interventions in water and sanitation (WASH), health & nutrition, shelter and Food and non-food item distribution (NFIs), including cash assistance.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
Under the leadership of the Field Officer the Project Assistant will take lead in execution of the field activities in the targeted district/s. This key field position requiring a committed and energetic professional with the ability to reach out and motivate vulnerable populations to actively participate in project activities.
The position will report to the Field Officer and is responsible for developing and implementing all emergency response programming in the targeted districts. S/he will spend most of the time (70%) in the field and take responsibility for interacting and organizing project beneficiaries to ensure the program reaches its objectives
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Develop weekly and monthly work plans with the team.
2. Identify and select project beneficiaries to participate in the program.
3. Work closely with local partners and build their capacity.
4. Support awareness-raising campaigns using IEC materials.
5. Conduct regular field visits to project sites to monitor work.
6. Generate verbal and written translations of pertinent project documentation, as needed.
7. Participate in relevant external and internal project evaluations and/or needs assessments.
8. Report on project implementation progress; share successes and challenges to proactively find solutions to problems.
9. Contribute to coordination with other organizations implementing relevant activities.
10. Document lessons learned and success stories on the project.
11. Support gender analysis and integration into all aspects of programming, per Mercy Corps’ Gender Procedures Policy, to ensure programming benefits men and women.
12. Watch and report on any new needs arising in the project target areas.
13. Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
14. Work beyond normal office hours as required, without additional compensation.
15. Any other duties as assigned.
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO
WORKS DIRECTLY WITH
All program staff.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
1- A university degree in relevant field is required.
2- At least one year experience in program implementation an international NGO is preferred.
3- Practical and theoretical knowledge on community mobilization and development in conflict-affected areas.
4- Experience designing and implementing training and capacity building.
5- Knowledge on youth engagement and community activism.
6- Understanding of the social, political and economic context of the Country.
7- Basic computer skills in MS Office programs, particularly Excel.
8- Basic oral and written English skills with ability to draft and edit program reports.
9- Ability to think independently and problem solve.
10- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
11- Honest, hardworking and committed to community development
The ability to interact effectively with international and national personnel is required. A demonstrated ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and process information in support of changing program activities is necessary. A high professional standard of work ethics as well as the willingness and ability to enforce compliance with Mercy Corps and donor policies is essential.
Please note that Mercy Corps is an equal opportunity employer. As a result, Mercy Corps Yemen recruits staff members based on the qualifications for the position, without regard to tribal affiliation, race, color, religion, age, national origin, gender, disability, HIV status, marital status, or any other characteristic that may be protected by law.
Please if you are interesting send your CV to email@example.com Please mention in the email subject the position and location you apply for it.