Position: AMEU Assistant
Direct Hierarchic Chief: AMEU Manager
The AMEU Assistant position functions under two hierarchic supervisors; the AME Manager for technical inputs and oversight of the role, and the AMEO will supervise the day to day work plan of the AME assistant.
The AMEU assistant will provide project support for the AME Officers in the base, working on a variety of different M&E tasks and activities.
The AMEU assistant will have functional relationships with the Database Assistant, the AMEOs, Logistics staff (for planning) and the Base Manager (for security planning, reporting etc.) on a daily basis.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting the Complaints Response Mechanism, both from the base and with field presence;
- Assisting with the implementation of AME activities according to pre-defined plans.
- Making field visits to beneficiaries, local communities, community committees as and when necessary to deliver AME activities;
- Doing the weekly car plan for AME movement
- Training surveyors
- Participating in data cleaning and initial data analysis where possible;
- Facilitating smart phone use for data collection (preparing phones for surveyors, making requests from logistics);
- Any other reasonable request from the AMEM or base AMEOs that will facilitate the smooth functioning of the AME department.
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
- Very good spoken and written English
- Ability to operate Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and Powerpoint
- Ability to work in a team and individually;
- Willing to work across all of ACTED’s areas of intervention in Hudaydah and Raymah
- Keen interest in scope of M&E work, project quality control and Information Management.
- University degree, preferably in Social Sciences;
- Experience working for NGO in Yemen, understanding of the sector;
- Previous experience with M&E activities, understanding of the objectives of M&E department;
- Ability to carry out basic statistical analysis;
- Previous experience delivering trainings.
- Contract duration: from Feb 1, 2017 till May 23, 2017, renewable based on fund availability
- Salary: This position has a net salary of $666 USD
Send CV and cover letter in English to email@example.com
PLEASE state in the subject line of the e-mail: "Hodeidah – AMEU Assistant"
The closing date for applications is Tuesday, 24th of January 2017
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply