Ended Project Manager (Financial, Banking & Telecom)
Yemen HR Client is a company focused on financial electronic services in Yemen. It was established in 2017 and is a partnership between several stakeholders in the Yemeni market.
The company is based in Yemen with offices in Cairo. The company is focused on addressing Yemen’s severe financial challenges on the ground by introducing innovative mobile payment mechanisms that bypass currency shortages and meet the real needs of Yemen’s citizens and businesses.
Position Title: Project Manager
Location: Sanaa, Yemen. Travel will be required to Cairo occasionally
Reporting Relationships: Chief Operations Officer
Reporting to the Chief Operations Officer with strong ties to the Cairo office, the position will be responsible for managing the end-to-end delivery of projects for the Electronic and Mobile Payments companies. The Project Manager will accomplish project objectives by planning project activities, evaluating implementation progress, and managing key internal and external stakeholders to ensure timely delivery of the project implementation. To achieve this, you will be a skilled project manager, with previous experience in delivering large programmes in complex commercial, technical and regulatory environments, with a rich experience in mobile payments sector or financial sector. Operating as part of the operations team, this is an executing role with an immediate requirement to build a project management office. You will create a streamlined and lean, best-in class PM operation to fully support the senior management
- Define the new program management processes for the electornic payment project and integrate it into the rest of the company.
- Create and deliver project plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Work across all functions to build a deeper understanding of the commercial drivers and synergies within the business. Help create project management teams to support success of new programs.
- Identify resources and assign responsibilities.
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of the projects.
- Ensures project documents are complete, current, and appropriately stored.
- Works closely with relevant stakeholders to ensure effective and efficient implementation of the project.
- Understands basic revenue models and P/L; meets financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances and initiating corrective actions.
- Manages project issues, risks, dependencies and assumptions.
- Submits project status reports to stakeholders, managing escalations where necessary to address project risks.
- Define and manage the change request roadmap with inputs from technical and commercial teams.
- Undertake leadership and mentoring of the Sanaa team and manage execution of section objectives.
- Establish staff KPIs, conduct monthly performance evaluations and plan staff training and skills improvement.
- Prepare budgets and approve budget expenditures; Control expenses to meet budget guidelines.
- Able to build a hybrid team and/or crisis management team to achieve a particular task.
- Maintain strong ties and consistent communication with Marketing and Technical teams to capture appropriate commercial requirements and manage technical implementation and project timelines.
- Project management of the development and deployment of new product and services.
The successful candidate will ideally come from a best in class company, or multinational background with extensive experience in project management. They will be a highly capable member to a senior team, used to operating as a project manager or equivalent. He/she will be a natural change agent who brings prior restructure and build experience, who is used to fixing and creating from scratch. The successful candidate will be driven by making a difference and therefore have the passion to drive growth. Demonstrating significant intellect and capability to operate in a very complex business operations, with multiple stakeholders, he/she will demonstrate strong attention to detail, exceptional integrity, and a hands-on, lean approach.
Qualifications & Experience
- This position is based in Yemen and candidates must be willing to relocate to Sanaa and operate within the region.
- Have a recognized project management certification – PMP, PRINCE 2 or equivalent
- Have proven experience (10+ years) in delivering waterfall and iterative projects
- Have proven experience in managing technical and commercial aspects of the project
- ITIL qualification desirable but not mandatory.
- Telco project management desirable in Billing/BSS domains.
- You have a strong background in electronic payments and mobile financial services with experience gained either within a telco, bank, electronic financial switching, or payments scheme organization.
- Have project management experience with management of large project teams achieving deadlines
- Be passionate about delivery of results to internal and external customers.
- Attention to detail with good organizational, planning, report writing and presentation skills.
- Proactive with the ability to work under pressure, tight schedules/deadlines and monitor and follow up on all actions taken.
- Financial Management experience in developing and managing budgets, experience in driving down costs wherever possible.
- You work effectively in a highly matrixed structure to positively influence peers and support cross functional collaboration between multiple stakeholders.
- You will be fluent in English and Arabic.
Before you apply:
Have you read the requirements above? Do you meet them?
If the answer is yes, please send your CV to:
Kindly use the following: Project Manager - FES as the subject line in your email
We will be in touch with the candidates who match the requirements only.