EFRLP Field office Coordinator (3)
Food and Agriculture organization of the United Nations
Terms of Reference
EFRLP Field office Coordinator
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the general supervision of the FAO representative and under the direct supervision of the Chief Technical Advisor (CTA) “Enhancement of Food Security and Resilient Livelihoods Programme (EFRLP)” and the National Program Coordinator, the Field Office program coordinator is responsible for managing and coordination of project activities at the field level. The field office coordinator will be responsible to perform the following activities:
- Coordinate the implementation of the EFRLP program in the field office;
- Establish linkages with appropriate national and governorates authorities, UN agencies and NGOs active in the project’s areas of intervention;
- Work closely with the CTA and PSU team to devise appropriate strategies and approaches to ensure optimum use of available resources thereby enhancing the impact of programme activities;
- Assist the PSU and field office team in the development and timely preparation of detailed work plans and budgets for all programme activities in the field office and ensure effective implementation;
- Facilitate the achievement of joint programme results by timely monitoring of the progress of programme implementation and ensure on-going monitoring and annual reviews of work plans;
- Assist in coordinating the production, submission and dissemination of monthly, quarterly, annual and other required reports, bulletins and consolidated results of the Programme in the field office areas.
- Assist in the development and periodical review of the programme’s M&E plan and report or update on risks management related matters;
- Undertake periodic updates to the EFLRP and FAO management team to seek strategic guidance and quality assurance;
- Assist in facilitating donor missions and media relations and coordinate strategic resource mobilization efforts as necessary;
- Ensure that strong coordination and partnership is created with pertinent government and non-government actors;
- Work closely with partners on Food, Nutrition and Livelihoods data collection, assessment, analysis, reporting and dissemination;
- Support stakeholders’ consultations meetings and organisation of workshops that will be held in his/her operational areas as part of implementation of the various components of the programme;
- Assist in synthesizing best practices and lessons learned from EFRLP for sharing between programme participants as well as external partners and develop briefs on programme achievements and documents, including lessons learned;
- Represent EFRLP programme and FAO in different UN coordination forums, government meetings, etc. as directed by the CTA and FAO management
- Perform other duties as required and instructed by the supervisor.
- Advanced university degree in rural development, food security, agriculture, aural resource management, or related fields;
- At least five years of progressively responsible experience in coordination, management of rural development projects/programmes,
- At least five years technical experience on food security and nutrition analysis, livelihood and resilience programming;
- Excellent knowledge of English and Arabic proficiency;
- Proven experience in reporting and computer skills.
- Demonstrated capacity to plan, advise and guide planning processes;
- Demonstrated capability to manage and coordinate implementation of agricultural/rural development projects;
- Demonstrated ability to liaise with multiple agencies, effectively building an understanding and partnership with other UN bodies, NGOs, and governmental agencies;
- Ability to plan, organize, implement and report;
- Ability to lead, coordinate and work within a team of professional staff from diverse technical and cultural backgrounds;
- Ability to work anywhere in the country.
- All applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and the JOB TITLE & LOCATION need to be mentioned in the email subject field.
- This is a Project-based post.
- There will be a 6 months probationary period for the selected candidate.