Food Security and Livelihoods Officer (3)
Food and Agriculture organization of the United Nations
Terms of Reference
Food Security and Livelihoods Officer (Field Coordination office)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the general supervision of the FAO Representative and the Chief Technical Advisor (CTA) “Enhancement of Food Security and Resilient Livelihoods Programme (EFRLP)” and direct supervision of the Field office program coordinator. The Food Security and Livelihood Officer is responsible for providing technical support and implement food security and livelihoods functions identified under the EFRLP program. He/shet will perform the following specific activities:
- Work with the other EFRLP team members to coordinate all food security, Nutrition and livelihoods related analyses;
- Provide support in designing and conducting livelihoods studies, baselines and mapping as necessary and contribute to the production of reports;
- Contribute to improving the understanding of the FAO/EFRLP programme and FSTS and other partners on vulnerability and resilience of the key livelihoods groups in Yemen, particularly in the targeted governorates under EFRLP programme;
- Work with the EFRLP technical team to provide a livelihoods context for the programme’s food security and nutrition analyses;
- Coordinate and contribute to providing technical support and trainings to the relevant GFUs and the MoAI staff members, and partner staff at Governorate levels in the relevant areas of Food security, Nutrition and livelihoods;
- Establish close linkages with the Ministry of Agriculture and Irrigation’s (MoAI)’s marketing department and other network partners to establish or strengthen the sharing and analysis of food security, nutrition, and livelihoods information.
- Participate in meetings, working groups and forums, that have a food security, nutrition and livelihoods thematic focus;
- Work with the GIS officer in establishing a proper database management systems of food security, nutrition and livelihoods data and information, in order to facilitate easy storage and retrieval of these information to enhance food security analysis and reporting;
- Work with the PSU team in drafting related Food security, Nutrition and livelihoods Policy Briefs;
- Coordinate training activities on Food security, Nutrition and livelihoods;
- Work closely with the PSU FSL officer to synthesize the market and trade, nutrition, livelihoods, and other food security information collected through the EFRLP project and from governorate level partner-sources and contribute to the preparation of high-quality food security information products, including IPC reports and decision support products;
- Participate in the production of food security related bulletins and other information products, such as quarterly briefs, website updates, monthly reports, and others as required.
- Perform any other related tasks as required
- Advanced degree in agriculture, agricultural economics, food security, rural development, or related fields;
- Five years of relevant experience in food security and livelihood programmes and projects; as well as food security and nutrition analysis;
- Back ground in IPC and other food security and livelihood analysis tools
- Experience in developing database systems or working with databases and data analysis;
- Working knowledge of English.
- Excellent communication, writing and presentation skills in English.
- Experience on providing technical support in food security and nutrition analysis, reporting and related capacity development activities;
- Knowledge and experience in Yemen in similar projects and programmes;
- Demonstrated ability to liaise with and government and non-government partners;
- Good oral and written communication in both English and Arabic languages.
- All applications should be sent to email@example.com and the JOB TITLE & LOCATION need to be mentioned in the email subject field.
- This is a Project-based post.
- There will be a 6 months probationary period for the selected candidate.