Food and Agriculture organization of the United Nations
Enhancement of Food Security and Resilient Livelihoods Programme (EFRLP)
Terms of Reference
Under the general supervision of the FAOR, the Chief Technical Advisor (CTA), and under the direct supervision of the National Programme Coordinator and in close collaboration with the project technical team of EFRLP, will play a key role in and provide technical support to all national and governorate level staff in streamlining the Gender issues in all of its programme outputs and activities. The incumbent will perform the following specific activities:
- Provide technical support to EFRLP officers and other FAO staff to implement FAO’s gender equality policy and to ensure that gender equality and women’s empowerment issues are addressed, monitored and reported;
- Ensure that capacity development needs related to gender equality of staff are diagnosed and addressed; and the issue is well addressed in the EFRLP programme in line with the programme Gender streaming guidelines
- Provide guidance and technical support for capacity development in the areas of needs assessment, sex-disaggregated data collection and analysis of socio-economic data, in the implementation different rural development activities;
- Assist the national and governorate level technical and management staff with the implementation and monitoring of the gender action plan and agreed project activities within the field of gender mainstreaming;
- Contribute to the development of gender sensitive measurable performance indicators;
- Develop and deliver training modules/material to address the identified needs and collect lessons learned and best-practices for wider dissemination on gender mainstreaming;
- Contribute to strengthening partnership and knowledge networks within and outside the Organization, supporting country-level actions guided by FAO’s Country Programme Framework (CPF).
- Ensure participation and influence of rural women and food insecure groups in policy processes and to ensure complementarily in the provision of technical assistance in these areas;
- Advocate for the integration of social and gender equality issues into FAO’s agriculture, EFRLP, and rural development policies, programmes and projects and participate in the project appraisal and approval process;
- Act as FAO Yemen Gender Focal Point (GFP), exchange information with Gender Focal Points in other FAO offices, and establish and coordinate a gender network with RNE Gender Focal Point, coordinate and oversee the work of other gender specialist hired to support the gender related work;
- Perform other related duties as required.
Candidates should meet the following:
- Advanced university degree in social science, rural development, or related field;
- Five years of relevant experience in gender based rural development programmes, food security and nutrition monitoring and analysis as well as early warning systems design, institutional capacity building for food security and nutrition, and programme management including preparation of work plans, budgets, progress monitoring and evaluation;
- Working knowledge of English and Arabic.
- All applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and the JOB TITLE & LOCATION need to be mentioned in the email subject field.
- This is a Project-based post.
- There will be a 6 months probationary period for the selected candidate.