Ended ICT Officer
Mercy Corps is a leading international non-governmental humanitarian agency with a global mission to alleviate suffering, poverty and oppression by helping people build secure, productive and just communities.
Mercy Corps Yemen would like to announce that the following position is currently open for recruitment:
Position Title: ICT Officer
Number of Vacancy: 1
Duty Station: Sana’a
Position Category: Full-time 1 AND Regular 0
Duration of Assignment: 1 Year (Possibility of Extension)
Deadline : 20 September 2018
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible.
In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions
into action — helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within.
Now, and for the future.
The ICT Department provides the information technology required for the fulfilment of MercyCorp’s mission in an efficient and effective manner
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
The ICT Support Officer will be responsible for providing a high level of customer service and ensuring we keep running smoothly resolving hardware, software and network issues.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Read and understand the Mercy Corps ICT Systems policy on appropriate use. Orient staff on appropriate use and monitor use/activities to ensure adherence to these policies.
• Maintain the IT local system at Mercy Corps Sana’a office; includes Local Area Network (LAN), Network Wireless, printer and scanner.
• Act as a point of contact for phone calls and emails from staff regarding internal IT and communication issues and queries.
• Receiving, logging and managing requests from internal staff via telephone and email.
• To liaise with our external IT providers, where the issues cannot be resolved in-house.
• Troubleshooting of all IT and communication related problems from in-house software to hardware, such as Laptops, PCs, telephones, mobile phones, photocopier and printers.
• Troubleshoot basic network issues such as ADSL broadband issues.
• Take ownership of user problems and follow up the status of problems on behalf of the user and communicate progress in a timely manner.
• To maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles.
• Maintain user accounts using in house account management and Active Directory for access to Mercy Corp IT services.
• Creating user accounts, reset passwords, create mail groups etc.
• Setting up of new laptops/PCs or other existing hardware when required.
• Provide support for IT conferencing services.
• Assist Senior IT Administrator to ensure the appropriate use of MC-equipment adheres to MC Yemen’s ICT Policies and Procedures.
• Assist Senior IT Administrator with new development and implementation.
• Arrange trainings for new hires with regard to MC online resources, using outlook etc. Conduct staff training on computer basics and the use of MS Office applications and networking.
• Maintaining and updating an Asset Database for all laptops/PCs/mobile phones.
• Assist with maintain proper documentation of all ICT equipment including in Yemen; warranties and ICT stock/accessories; Internet Agreement.
• Assist/Follow IT Team to keep IT inventory updated in database.
• Interact with ISPs for day-to-day internet issues related to services and subscription charges for Sana’a and field offices as needed.
• Assist in relocation and assembly of any equipment including computers, printers, accessories and satellite systems in consultation with, Senior IT Administrator.
• Monitor printers, copiers, and fax machines to make sure they are working properly and getting regular maintenance for MC-Yemen.
• Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian.
• Responsible use and confidentiality of any information identified as sensitive;
• Other duties as assigned.
Reports Directly To: Senior ICT Administrator.
Works Directly With: all staff.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
• BA in Information Technology, related field or equivalent.
• At least one year of experience installing, troubleshooting, and repairing PC hardware and software.
• Ability to analyze troubleshoots, support, and implement technical solutions at all levels.
• Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members is required.
• Ability to troubleshoot, plan and design low maintenance systems is a must.
• Ability to trouble-shoot and maintain both wireless and cable connections is required.
• Ability to work simultaneously on multiple tasks.
• Ability to work as part of a team and coordinate with team members.
• High energy level.
• Good work habits under pressure.
Please note that Mercy Corps is an equal opportunity employer. As a result, Mercy Corps Yemen recruits staff members based on the qualifications for the position, without regard to tribal affiliation, race, color, religion, age, national origin, gender, disability, HIV status, marital status, or any other characteristic that may be protected by law.
- Please if you are interesting send your CV to email@example.com
- Please mention in the email subject the position and location you apply for it.