Reports to: RI Committee
Duration: One Month
ABOUT RI: Established in 1990, Relief International (RI) is a leading global humanitarian, nonprofit organization committed to transforming adversity into renewal for the world’s most vulnerable populations. By partnering with communities on the front-lines, RI innovatively bridges the gap between immediate relief and long-term community development, providing them the tools and support they need to gain self-reliance.
Relief International announced an open tender for prequalifying the contractor for its internal procurement process where a list of contractor will be created and approved by our regional office, the approved contractor list will be for RI reference in case there are any procurement process for WASH Rehabilitation, RI tends to have separate database for each governorate as per the criteria drafted in the questionnaire. RI is looking for a professional consultant who have many years’ experience in WASH, civil work to support RI committee to evaluate the questionnaire for each contractor and advice on his succession.
The consultant will play a neutral roll in the committee and should respect RI policies and ensure all his advice is submit with clear and proper justification.
The consultant will submit final report for all the work done and the evaluation results. It is valid either for individual consultant or a company.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The consultant will review RI criteria which were drafted in the tender, and advise if there is additional criteria to be include before the evaluation start.
- The consultant will develop a comparative bid analysis tool jointly with RI committee in order to evaluate the questionnaire.
- The consultant will support RI committee to put the weighting score, the consultant will help the procurement department to do the data entry.
- Jointly with the RI Committee, the consultant will conduct the evaluation process based on the submitted documents for each contractor and prepare a report that provides a clear evaluation steps .
- Prepare advanced excel sheet of the whole contractors who applied for the tender according to criteria for selection which will be identify by RI Committee (Evaluation of a tender will normally take place as Administrative, Technical and Financial capacity )
- Prepare a contractor database for those who passed the criteria.
- The consultant will then proceed to explain briefly the composition of the tender analysis for prequalification and the method of evaluation to be adopted.
The consultant will put the below categories for each contractor so that the contractor specialization is valid and clear for the RI approval , the categories are:-
- Water pumping stations
- Water Networks
- Rainwater Harvesting Dams
- Sewage systems
- Health facilities rehabilitation
- Water Treatment Plants
- Make sure that all documentation submitted must be analyzed in detail. It should be noted that any documents, specification, etc. that were required but not submitted will disqualify the tenderer and further evaluation cannot take place.
- The Consultant cannot request tenderers for any information that was not submitted with the documents. The Consultant can only seek clarifications from procurement department who will be the focal to communicate the tenderers where the information submitted is not sufficiently explicit and clear.
- Each Technical Evaluation Grid shall be endorsed by the respective RI committee.
- If required conducting a due diligence (field mission) for those who are selected to be in the contractor database to evaluate the capacity of contractors.
- Writing the final evaluation report.
- The consultant shall report and be accountable to RI Committee
- The consultant shall avoid any kind of conflict of interest if , he knows any contractor or one of the tendered is his relative , this might lead to disqualifying the tenderer .
- The consultant will not take any documentation out of RI office and he shall retain all documents in RI Office .
- An approved work plan for duration of the assignment which shall not exceed one month.
- A detailed report for how the consultant analyse the tender, this can be hard and soft copy.
- The financial offer for the full consultancy service.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Education: University degree in in any related field
- Experience With Microsoft office
- Language Requirements: Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Arabic Competencies.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
Transparency and Accountability
Agility and Innovation
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send an application comprising a detailed CV in English, clearly specifying the position they are applying for, to email@example.com by midnight September 22, 2018. Any application without clear subject indicate to the reference number and the location of the Position that he/she wants to apply for in the advert will be excluded.
- RECRUITMENT IS URGENT: Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date, as CVs will be reviewed as they are submitted and INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONDUCTED ON A ROLLING BASIS.
- Females Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted