Ended HIS Officer
Health Information System Officer (HIS) – Sa’ada .
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Help the health and nutrition staff in training the new staff in health information system formats and make sure that all concern people at health facility level is understand the reporting system.
- Revise and enter weekly and monthly report into IMPACT, health and Nutrition data base after he/she receive it from health and nutrition staff. And ensure that all information entered is correct and valid.
- Analyse the data and make report against the indicators of the program to see the level of the achievement.
- Develop monthly update and graphs showing the progress of the project and share it with health facilities staff through health and nutrition team.
- Analyse health and nutrition information data per each program and illustrates the achievement for each month, quarter and represented them in monthly program meeting.
- Feedback all health and nutrition program Officer and Project officers about the common mistakes in the reports to be corrected and checked again with medical staff at health facilities.
- To report regularly health and nutrition data for health and nutrition team.
- To provide analytic report for health projects in the program monthly meeting.
- Fill in IMPACT, IPTT in monthly basis and submit to program officer, Fill in the SRFs for clusters. And send it back for Program officer and project officer.
- To help in conducting health surveys and assessments staring from planning up to data analysis and assessment report.
- Visit health facilities to illustrate the progress and train medical staff in data management.
- Working effectively as team member and solve staff problems whenever occur
- Comply with Save the Children policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Has experience on data management not less than two years.
- Understanding rights based approaches and participatory concepts and practical experience.
- Has good experience in health information system.
- Strong commitment to work with willingness to adopt a participatory and consultative management approach.
- Flexible, adaptable, able to improve and work in stressful, volatile environment.
- Has good experience in Excel soft program, data entry and analyzing the date.
Design format for field data collection and to ensure all health information is consolidated and represented in to facilitate analysis. Monitoring the progress of the program against the target. facilitating all Human resources related activities for health workers, with full coordination with Project Officers to ensure capacity building plan is done and implemented.
Contract length: 5 Months, renewable based of funding availability
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using an up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at Saada.Jobs@savethechildren.org Please mention the job title and location in the subject box
The Deadline for Receiving Applications is 18th.Sep.2018
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.