Ended HR Officer
Job Title: Human Resources (HR) Officer
Department: Operations Department
Reports To: Human Resources & Administration Manager
Location: Sana’a, Yemen
The Yemen Communities Stronger Together (YCST) program aims to support local-level initiatives that mitigate conflict, strengthen social cohesion, promote the peaceful resolution of differences, and, where feasible, capitalize on stabilization opportunities in Yemen.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Human Resources (HR) Officer will be responsible for supporting the HR & Admin Manager in recruiting personnel, keeping personnel files updated, and will serve as a link between the employees and their benefits. He/she will also support the HR & Admin Manager for new employee orientations, introduction and implementation of program HR systems and tools. In particular, he/she will support the HR & Admin Manager in the following:
- Ensure up to date maintenance of Human Resource and Personnel files for all GC local staff.
- Develop, organize and follow a hiring practice in coordination with relevant supervisors.
- Assist in the entire process of the hiring, probation, evaluation, promotion and termination of staff.
- Develop and maintain an accurate staff database.
- Prepare the payroll sheet according to the time sheets and submitted to the Finance in a monthly basis,
- Tracking the annual and sick leaves for each staff on a monthly basis.
- Following up with all staff to submit the timesheet then he/she submits them to the Finance on a monthly basis.
- Keep all updates and amendments in the Personnel Policy and HR manual.
- Ensure compliance with GC’s or/and donor’s policies and procedures.
- Due to the nature of the program’s activities, the above-mentioned tasks are indicative only and are subject to change. Others/additional tasks may be delegated to meet programmatic objectives.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- University degree in (Management, Human Resource, Business Administration) and/or related field and 2-3 years of relevant professional experience in a similar setting and capacity.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills and teamwork-oriented.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organization skills.
- Fluency in written and verbal English and Arabic is required. Must be able to read and interpret documents, and communicate with others as necessary to perform job duties effectively
- Proficient in standard Microsoft Office package (Word, Excel, Outlook) and typing.
- Ability to travel as required within Yemen.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage personal stress levels.
- Sense of neutrality and ability to work across Yemen, in cooperation with all parties to the conflict.
- Must be able to work in collaboration with both national and international staff.
- Ability to work in a multicultural context as a flexible and respectful team player.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to determine priorities and respect deadlines.
Normal office environment, however, due to nature of activities and areas where we operate, you might have to work below normal/difficult working/travel/accommodation conditions. Able to work on a computer and operate a keyboard, for extended periods of time. Able to work out of office location, at times at odd hours.
From September 2018 until August 15, 2021.
- Application should consist of a one page cover letter and detailed resume or CV. Cover letter should include the applicant’s earliest date of availability to begin work with the YCST program. Resume or CV should include the applicant’s detailed work and educational history.
- Applications should be submitted to Yemen-Recruitment@globalcommunities.org The subject line of the email should be the name of the position being applied for.
- Applications submitted after September 20th 2018 will not be considered. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.