Ended HR Assistant
Job Title: Human Resources (HR) Assistant
Department: Operations Department
Reports To: Human Resources & Administration Manager
Location: Aden, Yemen
The Yemen Communities Stronger Together (YCST) program aims to support local-level initiatives that mitigate conflict, strengthen social cohesion, promote the peaceful resolution of differences, and, where feasible, capitalize on stabilization opportunities in Yemen.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Human Resources (HR) Assistant will be responsible for performing general human resources functions, and play a key role in the overall HR functions including staff recruitment, contracts preparations, staff leaves/attendance and time-sheets tracking. The duties are specified in particular as follows:
- Prepare employment contracts in conformity with legal requirements of the Yemeni law including specific amendments when necessary.
- Prepare and follow up the Social security and Tax payments.
- Support the HR Manager and HR Officer in translating documents into local language.
- Assist the HR Manager in meetings upon request.
- Assist the HR Manager in new staff briefings.
- Maintain employee’s personnel records ensuring timely and accurate records.
- Arrange for workshops, interviews, and any additional meetings.
- Ensure that leave, recruitment, and training trackers are updated on a regular basis.
- Monitor staff attendance and ensure that all staff timesheets are submitted and filed on time.
- Due to the nature of the program’s activities, the above-mentioned tasks are indicative only and are subject to change. Others/additional tasks may be delegated to meet programmatic objectives.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- University degree in (Management, Human Resource, Business Administration) and/or related field and 0 - 2 years of relevant professional experience in a similar setting and capacity.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills and teamwork-oriented.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organization skills.
- Fluency in written and verbal English and Arabic is required. Must be able to read and interpret documents, and communicate with others as necessary to perform job duties effectively
- Proficient in standard Microsoft Office package (Word, Excel, Outlook) and typing.
- Ability to travel as required within Yemen.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage personal stress levels.
- Sense of neutrality and ability to work across Yemen, in cooperation with all parties to the conflict.
- Previous experience in field offices is a plus.
Normal office environment, however, due to nature of activities and areas where we operate, you might have to work below normal/difficult working/travel/accommodation conditions. Able to work on a computer and operate a keyboard, for extended periods of time. Able to work out of office location, at times at odd hours.
From September 2018 until August 15, 2021.
- Application should consist of a one page cover letter and detailed resume or CV. Cover letter should include the applicant’s earliest date of availability to begin work with the YCST program. Resume or CV should include the applicant’s detailed work and educational history.
- Applications should be submitted to Yemen-Recruitment@globalcommunities.org The subject line of the email should be the name of the position being applied for.
- Applications submitted after September 19th 2018 will not be considered. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.