Ended HR & Admin Manager
Job Title: Human Resources (HR) & Administration Manager
Department: Operations Department
Reports To: Deputy Director of Finance & Administration (DDFA)
Location: Aden, Yemen
The Yemen Communities Stronger Together (YCST) program aims to support local-level initiatives that mitigate conflict, strengthen social cohesion, promote the peaceful resolution of differences, and, where feasible, capitalize on stabilization opportunities in Yemen.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Human Resources (HR) & Administration Manager will manage the YCST HR team, and hold responsibility for the overall strategic and operational HR management for the program. Reporting to the Deputy Director Finance & Administration (DDFA), s/he will act as a trusted advisor to the senior leadership team in providing guidance on key HR decisions.
S/he will be responsible for recruiting personnel, keeping personnel files updated, and will serve as a link between the employees and their benefits and ensured staff wellbeing. He/she will also be responsible for new employee orientations, introduction and implementation of program HR systems and tools. In addition, he/she will oversee all aspects of administrative, information technology management and general support for the program. In particular, he/she will.
- Ensure up to date maintenance of Human Resource and Personnel files for all YCST staff.
- Ensure that all employees have accurate job descriptions. Work with relevant supervisor to revise job descriptions on a case-by-case basis.
- Develop, organize, and follow a hiring practice in coordination with relevant supervisors.
- Liaise with appropriate Government Office on all personnel issues to ensure total compliance to government system policies.
- Lead the entire process of the hiring, probation, evaluation, promotion, and termination of staff.
- Take lead role to provide updated orientation package and arrange presentation to all new staff.
- Work in conjunction with respective managers to ensure that all staff are evaluated accurately.
- Identify training needs and develop internal training opportunities for all local YCST staff.
- Monitor and resolve potential personnel problems and achievements. Facilitate managers in managing teams.
- Review the staff payroll and ensure payroll roster is accurate and up to date before submission to the Finance in a monthly basis
- Ensure efficient functioning of the HR filing system for the YCST office.
- Directly supervise the Human Resources (HR) and Administration team and managing their schedule.
- Outside of the obligation to inform DDFA and Chief of Party (CoP), maintains absolute confidentiality and professionalism for all personnel paperwork, records, and issues.
- Works closely with Security team and senior management to ensure safety and well-being of staff.
- Ensures, that appropriate processes that women and men are provided equal opportunities and to create a gender balance within organization.
- Take lead role in Personnel Policy updates and amendments.
- Communicate areas of change in both policy and procedure to all staff working through appropriate manager/coordinators. Institute and apply all policies and procedures for both National and International staff in a manner which is fair, transparent, and consistent.
- Ensure total conformity on all administrative policies and procedures as outlined in the Staff Personnel Policy.
- Become familiar with Global Communities’ policies and administration manual.
- Ensure compliance with Global Communities’ or/and donor’s policies and procedures.
- Review and recommend policy changes to DDFA and CoP.
- Review salary changes through annual surveys and/or reviews and make recommendations to adjust job classifications or salary levels.
- Study the place of our salary grid + other benefits as compared to other INGO and relevant companies and taking into account the inflation/other economic indicators within the country.
Organization Design/Development and Technical Assistance
- Designs, develops, plans, implements, and markets staff development orientations, in-service and training programs for managers, supervisors, and support staff regarding the quality management system, management skills, and other training as needed based on identified needs through assessment
- Align quality management training programs with organization development needs and the vision of the Office.
- Acts as a representative in matters pertaining to internal staff development and quality management; coordinates and implements comprehensive accountability systems including organization and community reports of results.
- Liaise with relevant authorities and/or agencies to develop standard medical insurance for staff.
- Maintain system of medical claims as a substitute for medical insurance policy.
- Submit staff contracts and agreements to CoP for approval.
- Track contracts and undertake extensions or renegotiations in a timely manner that involves the relevant supervisor.
- Promote and uphold Global Communities’ mandatory reporting procedures.
- Ensure Global Communities’ compliance to all applicable laws and principles.
- With consistent feedback to DDFA, liaise with the Global Communities assigned attorney on all legal issues.
- Provide regular verbal feedback and reports to the DDFA.
- Ensure personal staff expenses are reimbursed or properly deducted from salary.
- Update all organizational reference sheets on a monthly basis (phone, NGO, Org charts, etc.).
- Visit field sites to follow up on personnel issues. When needed s/he will be expected to carry out field visits on a regular basis
- Training, coaching and building capacity of staff working under his/her supervision.
- Assist with other duties as required by DDFA and CoP.
- Due to nature of organization’s activities, above mentioned tasks are indicative only and are subject to change. Others/additional tasks may be delegated to meet organization’s objectives.
- High degree of computer literacy; Excel and Word are essential.
- Familiarity with interpretation and application of policies, rules and regulations, staff entitlements and benefits, recruitment and selection practices and training programs.
- Ability to prepare clear and concise reports.
- Must be able to work in collaboration with both national and international staff.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise staff and promote a team environment.
- Ability to work in a multicultural context as a flexible and respectful team player.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to determine priorities and respect deadlines.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
University degree, preferably in Human Resources Management, Business or Public Administration would be desirable. A minimum of 4-7 years’ experience in Administration and Human Resources management, preferably with an international organization.
The candidate shall be an experienced HR professional, with a background in managing others. S/he shall possess strong operational HR skills, as well as the ability to think strategically and advice senior managers on how HR can support with overall achievement of the country strategy. S/he shall be strong in managing employee relations and grievance issues and have a commitment to prioritizing staff welfare and wellbeing. S/he will have strong level of written and spoken English, facilitation and coaching skills with commitment to developing people in their roles. Fluency in written and spoken Arabic and English (required). Must be able to read and interpret documents, and communicate with others as necessary to perform job duties effectively.
Basic skills and able to perform job specific mathematics. S/he can use MS Office and Excel software and be able to use formulas for simple calculations.
Normal office environment, however, due to nature of activities and areas where we operate, you might have to work below normal/difficult working/travel/accommodation conditions. Able to work out of office location, at times, at odd hours in order to achieve assigned tasks as per need & priority.
From September 2018 until August 15, 2021.
- Application should consist of a one page cover letter and detailed resume or CV. Cover letter should include the applicant’s earliest date of availability to begin work with the YCST program. Resume or CV should include the applicant’s detailed work and educational history.
- Applications should be submitted to Yemen-Recruitment@globalcommunities.org The subject line of the email should be the name of the position being applied for.
- Applications submitted after September 19th 2018 will not be considered. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.