Psychologist This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Action Contre la Faim is an International Humanitarian Organization which is private, non-political, non-denomination and non-profit making. Action Contre la Faim vocation is to save lives by combating hunger, disease and those crises threatening the lives of vulnerable men, women and children. Action Contre la Faim currently operates in 46 countries including Yemen globally and conduct programs in nutrition, food security, health, water and sanitation.
JOB TITLE: Psychologist
Location: Aden, Abyan.
Duration: 6 months, with possibility of extension
Basic monthly salary: 1041$ to 1234$ based on experience salary calculation
Medical and Life insurance: Including the employee, spouse, children and parents
Line Manager: MHPSS Program Manager
Technical/Support Manager: MHPSS Program Manager
Major responsibilities and tasks:
Mission 1 : Provide adapted and quality mental health care to targeted beneficiaries
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Conduct psychological assessments and plan the appropriate interventions and follow-up for the beneficiaries
- Ensure an appropriate, safe and confidential environment for psychological interventions (framework to discuss highly emotional issues, set up group rules, values, exercises, etc.) , in communities, schools, camps, primary health care centres, community based-organizations, and home visits
- Ensure the high quality of intervention and care provided to beneficiaries
- Ensure regular and proper use of psychometric scales
- Provide individual and group therapeutic sessions and activities for persons in need, including children, adolescents, adults, families and persons with specific vulnerabilities
- Strictly follow standard ACF protocols
- Ensure confidentiality and proper documentation of clinical details in the patient file
- Ensure referrals to specialized services (MHPSS, Health, Protection etc) when needed, according to ACF protocols and national standards; Follow-up the quality of care provided by partnering agencies and actors; Follow-up closely on protection issues.
- Provide staff care to health workers and community helpers, according to ACF protocols and national policies
- Provide psychological support remotely if needed (in case of no access to field)
Mission 2 : Contribute to build capacities of MHPSS and protection non-specialized professionals, community stakeholders and ACF psychosocial workers
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Prepare (with the deputy program manager) and conduct trainings for general practitioners, nurses, midwives, health workers, social workers in primary health care centers and hospitals, on MHPSS, protection and care practices, according to ACF et international standards (like mhGAP, PM+, IPT, Thinking Healthy, child development, basic helping skills, Life, Social and Emotional skills, etc)
- Conduct regular on the job and group supervision of trained non-specialists, including technical support, case management, patients assessments, counselling skills
- Assist the ACF psychosocial workers to prepare and conduct training and technical supervision for community-based organisations and stakeholders (conduct trainings in absence of psychosocial workers)
- Contribute to the training and supervision of ACF psychosocial workers and ACF teams of others department (particularly on Psychological First Aid and psychosocial/protection issues and referral)
- Ensure the high quality standard of capacity building
Mission 3: Participate actively in all planned activities and in the program implementation in general
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Participate actively to clinical and technical supervision conducted by the (Deputy) Program Manager; proposing monthly case studies
- Contribute to the design of sectorial guidelines, protocols, SOPs and methodologies of work for tailored interventions
- As defined by the (deputy) project manager, contribute to any other project activity, including multi-sectorial integrated activities, psychoeducation and awareness sessions and campaigns, needs assessments, gender and protection risks assessments, mapping of actors and services, workshops, selection of beneficiaries, identification of vulnerable groups, planning of activities, etc.
- Permanently evaluate needs and gaps related to MHPSS and protection, report challenges, suggest project’s improvements for implementation and propose new interventions
- Contribute to data collection, monitoring, evaluation and reporting on a daily, weekly and monthly bases, according to ACF tools and processes; Guarantee and ensure the confidentiality of beneficiaries information and of data collection at any time, and for any activity
- Understand and follow the logistic, financial, HR and security procedures enabling the project implementation
- Collaborate actively with other ACF departments
- Contribute to represent ACF at the field level through meetings with implementing partners, INGOs and NGOs, cluster and working group coordination, on request of the program manager
- Ensure adherence to ACF gender requirement; Commit and comply with ACF gender, age and diversity principles; Support the implementation and the promotion of gender, age and diversity principles at any time during activities.
Post-graduate diploma in psychology (master degree and clinical psychology are assets).
Required Professional Experience
Minimum 1 year of professional experience; Experience related to MHPSS, Protection and/or Care Practices; Experience in humanitarian context, with vulnerable population, IDPs, refugees, in host-communities, camps, PHCs; Experience in psychological assessment, counselling and follow-up; Experience in case management and referral. Experience in training and supervision.
Knowledge or experience of MHPSS IASC, WHO and community-based guidelines; Technical skills in psychological assessment and testing, counselling, psychotherapy. Knowledge or experience in trauma, severe mental health conditions, SGBV, child development, care practices. Training and supervision skills for health workers and community members. Skills in data collection, monitoring and evaluation.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل