Admin Officer This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Admin Officer -Aden
Lutheran World Relief (LWR), a subsidiary of Corus International, is seeking highly motivated individuals for Admin Officer position for the Yemen country office in Aden, Yemen.
Lutheran World Relief (LWR) has been registered in Yemen since 2019 through affiliation with Corus International under which umbrella provide aid in emergencies and helping families restore their lives focusing on food security, health, and livelihood, particularly for the most vulnerable populations which include indigent and Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs). Our record in delivering assistance to difficult to access places in partnership with national organizations has given us the reach and trust in difficult to access and implement areas.
Under the direct supervision of the Program Director, the Admin Officer will provide support to the Country Finance and Admin Manager (CFAM), in accounting, procurement, facilitating logistics, and HR record keeping for the Yemen country office in line with the Asia and Middle East (AME) organizational policies and procedures and internationally recognized accounting standards.
The position will also serve as a technical supervisor, close collaborator and thought partner for the Program Director in Yemen and Regional HR in Amman (Jordan) in leading investigations, duty of care, policy and labor law compliance, and HR succession planning.
More specifically the Admin Officer will:
25% 1. Work with designated in-country representatives and regional HR to ensure that:
- HR Records and employee personnel files, including pre-employment, during and post-employment records (employee contracts, job descriptions, performance evaluations, leave and benefits records, compensation, and benefits plans, exit interviews) are maintained and copied to regional office and HQ as coordinated by the regional HR.
- Work closely with the regional HR and Program Director to ensure that contractual, financial, and legal issues are properly handled, and support once needed.
- Mediate employee questions and concerns.
30% 2. Carries out financial management and internal controls:
- Maintains a filing system (hard copy and e-files) of supporting documentation, including payment and receipt vouchers, payroll vouchers and related tax documents, bank statements and reconciliation, etc.
- Enters financial transactions into QuickBooks.
- Completes and documents bank reconciliations.
- Works with CFAM to prepare monthly cash advance requests for office operations.
- Processes payroll and issues payments after appropriate review and approval.
- Files taxes, including any applicable withholding taxes and returns.
- Assist with audit exercises.
- Assist with financial entry in the online banking system after completed approvals by CFAM and PD.
20% 3. Processes advances and advance reconciliations:
- Reviews advance requests and advance reconciliations/expense reports for accuracy.
- Tracks repayment of advances and enforces policies related to reconciling advances.
5% 4. Manages purchases and procurements for service contracts, office supplies, and other project-related goods in compliance with LWR policies and procedures:
- Collects estimates and manage the call for bids.
- Coordinates cost and proposal evaluations.
- Implements the contractual terms for orders, receipt of goods, confirmation of completion of services, and payments, including office utilities, stationaries, and office supplies.
5% 5. Assists with monitoring expenditures for existing projects in compliance with LWR and donor requirements.
12% 6. Supports administrative and operations of the office.
- Tracks staff leave balances.
- Ensures human resource files are complete and stored securely.
- Assist in recruitment, onboarding, and separation procedures.
- Maintains the office asset inventory.
- Assists with logistics of events, workshops, etc.
- Serve as an interpreter between the LWR Program Director, and the local authorities’ point of contact during team visits to Yemen.
- Responsible for the submission and follow-up on the procedures for LWR movement plans, national permits for national and expatriate staff, agreements, program letters and other do
- Support in obtaining expatriates’ entry visas, work permits, residency,
3% Other duties as assigned.
This role reports the Yemen Program Director with a dotted relationship to the Yemen Country Finance and Administrator (CFAM) and the Regional HR Manager, AME in Jordan.
- At least three years’ experience in accounting, and in administering HR functional areas to include employee relations & conducting investigations, duty of care, policy & labor law compliance, succession planning, record keeping in an international NGOs.
- Demonstrated ability to apply generally accepted accounting practices.
- Good computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and web browser software).
- Experience in the effective use and management of Quick Books a strong asset.
- Strong knowledge of employment law and HR practices, with efficient process to stay on top of constant changes.
- Ability to understand and interpret data as well as the ability to make recommendations and act utilizing that data.
- Accurate and attentive to detail in project accounting, tracking, and monitoring, writing, editing, typing, and filing.
- Good interpersonal skills and communication skills including the ability to communicate across different cultures effectively and respectfully.
- Must be efficient and reliable in organizing, planning, and delivering.
- Deep commitment to LWR’s core values and ability to model those values into relationships with colleagues and partners.
- Proficient written and oral communication skills in English and Arabic.
- Yemenis Nationals and Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل