Data Management Assistant This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Data Management Assistant
The Sustainable Development Foundation (SDF) is a non-governmental, voluntary, independent organization established in March 2015, officially registered at the Ministry of Social Affairs as per license (99). As SDF has been present in Yemen since 2015, it has experience implementing emergency child protection and education responses, including women and youth empowerment. SDF has experience in handling large grants from international donors, such as UNDP, UNHCR, WFP, OCHA, WHO, SCI and ZOA. The Foundation has excellent national-level relations and has experience in coordinating with both national and international NGOs. It has offices, staff and community-based committees in Hajjah, Sana'a, Marib, Ibb, Hudidah, Dhamar, Almahweet, Al-Bayda’a, a6nd Hadramout as well as solid experiences engaging with local communities from whom it gained acceptance and with whom it has collaborated in the past. In addition to that, SDF creates livelihood opportunities and community-based protection.
Posted vacancy: Data Management Assistant
Employer: Sustainable Development Foundation (SDF) – Yemen.
Position Type: Full time Contract
Position reporting to: Project Manager.
Starting Date: ASAP.
Postdate: May18th, 2023
Closing date: May 27th, 2023
Number of Positions:1
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Data Entry and Management:
- Manage beneficiary database management system and enter beneficiary's data into the database software by inputting alphabetic and numeric information on keyboard or downloading data from host pages’ webs.
- Manage other program data and enter the data into appropriate database
- Prepare source data for computer entry by compiling and sorting information; establishing entry priorities.
- Transferring data from paper formats via computers, as deemed necessary
- Updating any changes in the project entered data and other information received form field staff under the supervision of the MEAL Officer
- When necessary, verify data by correctly checking and comparing source documentation
- Organize paper formats, paper back-ups, and materials source files as needed.
Data Quality and Analysis:
- Ensure data quality by reviewing data for deficiencies; resolving discrepancies by using standard procedures or returning incomplete documents to the team leader for resolution.
- Analyze data and prepare report in regular bases.
Data Security and Archiving:
- Secures information by completing data base backups.
- Archive document in timely manner.
- Maintain confidentiality of data including beneficiary’s information
- Complying with security backups and regular checks to ensure data is saved and stored properly.
- Undertake any other duties which may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in IT, Computer, Social Sciences, Statistics or relevant field
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- 2-3 years of experience related to development and humanitarian sector, data management and data security
- Experience in data analysis and reporting
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office, Database Management System, SPSS.
- Excellent English language skills
- Demonstrable commitment to gender-sensitive practices
- Minimum typing speed required is 45 words per minute
- Excellent analytical skills
Professional Standards: The SDF workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in SDF Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Accountability, and Equity. In accordance with these values, the SDF operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity Anti-Retaliation, and Combating Trafficking in Persons.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل