Sewing Trainer (CCCM) (Re-Advertised) This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Open to Internal and External Candidates
- Position : Sewing Trainer (CCCM)
- Organizational Unit : CCCM
- Duty Station : Yemen, Marib
- IOM Classification : M3
- Type of Appointment : Third Party Contracted (TPC) MPH Monthly Contract, 6 Months (With a possibility of renewal)
- SVN No. : CFCV2022.064
- Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
- Closing Date: Wednesday 29 JUN 2022
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Organizational Context and Scope:
Working under the overall supervision of the Operations Officer (CCCM) and the direct supervision of the Project Assistant (CCCM), the Sewing trainer (CCCM) will directly support training IDPs women on sewing in recently established sewing workshop in the camp.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Provide instruction and demonstration, based on needs, of basic stitching, use of basic patterns for bags, cushion covers and clothing items, means for mending damaged clothing and other alterations, basic machine use, and basic machine maintenance
2. Prepare course material and activities and organizes sessions so that demonstration, instruction, and practice can be completed during the grant period
3. Helping beneficiaries improve their production skills via individual and group sessions
4. Supporting site and community representatives to develop stronger capacity.
5. Maintain a record of attendee attendance and provide reports
6. Perform any other related duties that may be assigned
Required Qualifications and Experience
- GCE Ordinary Level; or an equivalent combination of education, experience and training
- One-year related experience preferably in an office environment
- Experience in the humanitarian sector preferable and working with vulnerable individuals is an advantage.
Languages: Arabic – English is an advantage
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, national of the country with automatic right to live and work in the country, and security clearances.
- Females with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.As part of the application process, all candidates, regardless of the type or duration of the contract, must disclose any known relative who works for IOM or is engaged with IOM in any capacity.
- Non-compliance with the relative disclosure requirement can constitute a basis for withdrawal of offer of employment, or if the employment has begun, terminating the employment contract and/or disciplinary action.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل