MEAL Coordinator –EiE Project This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
MEAL Coordinator –EiE Project - (220008QQ)
The MEAL Coordinator’s role is to provide essential support to Save the Children’s EiE Project by supporting the quality assurance system, build capacity at field level to deliver against Save the Children’s operating standards and donor requirements, and to support the development of proposals as needed. S/he will ensure strong monitoring and evaluation systems and harness staff capacity to ensure that SCI project is implemented in a quality manner and is accountable to beneficiaries and donors. Further, the MEAL Coordinator will be expected to lead on MEAL system design and implementation, evaluations, assessments, MEAL budgeting, and recruitment.
The MEAL Coordinator will also be primarily responsible for monitoring, tracking and updating MEAL system on regularly basis and producing strong analysis based on the available data. S/he will also ensure management of robust data which is current and updated.S/he will make sure that all activities related to data are correctly collected, entered in the system, and have all relevant means of verification. All filing system are well maintained and updated.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Project Director
Staff directly reporting to this Post: Project MEAL Officer and Assistants
Budget responsibility: N/A
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Needs Analysis and Program Design:
Participate in the required child protection and gender assessments.
Contribute to situation analysis and participate actively in developing gender-based activity reports.
Coordination and Representation:
Coordinate with SCI MEAL to ensure good implementation and collaboration is achieved within SCI programs.
Coordinate and attend any MEAL related meetings under the EiE PD and Coordinator.
Adhere to and promote SCI Code of Conduct, Child Safeguarding Policy and values, both inside and outside of the workplace
Will be responsible for overall design and implementation of MEAL framework and ensure that all aspects of project MEAL system are successfully achieved in accordance with project design. Prepare progress reports with statistical and narrative information on activities; ensure that reports are timely, of high quality and serve to inform management decisions; for specific events/trainings falling within the scope of responsibilities, ensure that a separate event/training report is submitted.
- Conduct regular site visits or when required to monitor service provision and ensure data quality
- Conduct trainings on quantitative and qualitative techniques for data collection for MEAL, program and interviewers
- Support MEAL and the project/program team on conducting statistical analysis including descriptive (univariate and bivariate data analysis) and inferential analysis using statistical software
- Triangulate findings from several qualitative and quantitative sources
- Interpret statistical data for use in decision-making and synthesize quantitative and qualitative information for write-up/reports and decision making.
- Write full narrative reports (needs assessments, internal reviews, progress reports) and executive summaries
- Present information and ‘tell the story of the project to multiple audiences and decision makers based on the findings from the analysis and monitoring processes.
- Verify reports’ accuracy and presentation of information, including the use of appropriate graphs and tables.
- Identify the gaps in staff knowledge of MEAL concepts and skills and provide trainings in these topics
- Provide coaching/mentoring of staff and on-the-job training to improve skills of the staff in MEAL.
- Ensure after-action reviews and lessons learned exercises, including data collected through community-based Feedback and Response Mechanism (FRM) and other participative forms of community engagement and feedback collection.
- Provide technical support to the team on establishing and maintaining effective feedback mechanisms for decision making, fully in line with commitments regarding accountability to targeted children, including IDPs Returnees and CHS.
- Support reporting to donors by providing management information to program managers on a timely basis and ensuring quality of indicator reporting.
- Match and compare the figures in Matrix reports to the figures in the narrative reports for quality project reporting.
- Ensure that regular monitoring and accountability (i.e. CRM database) reports are received and communicated effectively to EiE director.
- Ensure that Monthly, Quarterly and Annual field level reports include accurate key data summaries and brief narrative descriptors of previous period’s achievements/challenges and future period’s planned activities in relevant areas;
- Support other reporting processes as required.
- Work closely with project implementation teams in ensuring quality and timely implementation of project objectives with a focus on MEAL related activities.
- Monitor and ensure data system including IPTT, IMPACT, and Indicator Table and provide current/updated evidence and maintain all MoVs systematically.
- Support in the incentive workers vetting and TPM requirements and collection of quality MOVs.
- Ensure that all EiE reported figures are reported based on fully completed and timely submitted MOVs.
- Develop and execute field visit plans for MEAL team and update all tools related to the project
- Take the responsibility of Data Quality checks as per donor requirements and standards and ensure systematic archiving of documents in both soft and hard copies.
- To roll out and manage MEAL mechanism as per commitments of SCI, and establish, manage and strengthen Accountability to Beneficiaries.
- To carry out regular field monitoring of program interventions and produce monitoring reports on the given format, conduct debrief sessions with relevant program staff and develop an agreed action plan
- To assist the project in identifying key compliance/quality questions and parameters capitalizing on the existing checklists and minimum standards for monitoring project performance;
- To assist in reviewing data bases and data tracking tools of diverse projects in order to maintain data quality for collating reliable and consistent data which meets minimum reporting requirements of donors and SCI;
- To assist in planning and implementation of baseline surveys, monitoring and evaluation exercises and impact assessments when needed;
- Translate EiE documents as needed.
- Generate summary report from the system based on the data as per project IRs and implemented activities.
- Develop tools/mechanism to collected data from the stakeholder on outcome of project and beneficiaries satisfaction.
- Analyse data and produce high quality reports on monthly, quarterly and annually
- Translate all MEAL related reports and documents.
- Any other duties as required
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (SCI Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values.
- Holds the team accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- Creates a managerial environment to lead, enable and maintain our culture of child safeguarding.
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to; builds and maintains effective relationships with colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- Works collaboratively to achieve shared goals and thrives on diversity of people and perspectives; knows when to lead and when to follow and how to ensure effective cross-boundary working.
- Communicates clearly and confidently with others to engage and influence; promotes dialogue and ensures timely and appropriate messages, building confidence and trust.
- Invests time and energy to actively develop self and others to help realise their full potential, and to build the organisation’s capability for the future.
- Applies the required technical and professional expertise to the highest standards; promotes and shares best practice within and outside the organization.
- Develops and implements innovative solutions to adapt and succeed in ever-changing and uncertain global and working environments.
- Takes effective, considered and timely decisions by gathering and evaluating relevant information from within or outside the organization.
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency, builds trust and confidence.
- Displays consistent excellent judgement.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- College degree preferable in related field
- At least 3-5 years of monitoring evaluation, accountability and learning experience preferably with EiE projects implemented by INGOs with expertise in databases, MS Office and other analysis software.
- Fluency (written & spoken) in both Arabic and English.
- Good Communication and interpersonal skills Ability to deal with children
- Good computer skills
- Good Reporting skills.
- Willingness and ability to dramatically change work practices and hours in the event of emergencies.
- Ability to analyse information, evaluate options, and follow the strategic directions as guided
- Previous experience of working with a multi-cultural team and the adaptability to varied team dynamics
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Commitment to Save the Children Code of Conduct, Child Safeguarding Policy and values
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Save the Children International seeks to always be a child safe organization through fulfilling its obligations to the community and through programme implementation carried out by the organization for safeguarding children and to improve the living standards of the child.
“Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer. Women are strongly encouraged to apply”
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Deadline for submitting applications: 15 Dec 2022
Employee Status: Fixed Term
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل