Reports to: Project Manager
Organization & Background:
A humanitarian, independent, non-profit, non-governmental organization that works across Yemen. The organization provides direct assistance for conflict-affected populations, IDPs, host communities and vulnerable groups in the conflict areas. The organization, in partnership with international agencies, takes action during crisis situations, and goes the extra mile to engage in other contexts where its competencies will add value. The organization promotes durable solutions for conflict-affected populations and helps to restore services, education, economic, wellbeing and health.
The FSL Project Assistant will ensure the coordination and successful implementation of food security and livelihoods activities (software) in the area(s) of project intervention S/he is assigned. With a focus towards livelihoods and food security disaster, s/he will oversee the implementation of project activities and household livelihoods. S/he will be responsible for timely implementation and monitoring of project activities and reporting progresses. The Project Assistant will provide administrative, logistic and programmatic support to assigned administrative personnel of FSL project; coordinating activities of assigned administrative personnel; monitoring assigned activities; and providing information, recommendations and/or direction as requested by assigned administrator.
- Follow up on time implementation of all project activities in assigned area under close coordination with the direct supervisor;
- Provides administrative and logistical support for the project, initiatives, and programs.
- Assists other team members in preparing and formatting documents, including, reports, proposals, plans and PowerPoint presentations;
- Assists assigned managers and team members by maintaining calendars, receiving and composing communications as correspondence, and replies to inquiries.
- Handles preparations, scheduling, logistics, and other various requirements for field mission’s travel.
- Maintains a tracking system of responses to emails, official letters, proposals, etc..
- Keep records of all information related to project for documentation, clarification and presentation to management
- Writes routine reports and correspondence, and assists with the development of project tools.
- Acts as the main contact person during the absence of project manager, following-up on any emergencies with appropriate staff, and sharing workload with other projects' staff.
- Work with programs and projects staff at central level and at sub-levels, collaborating with communication team to ensure that quality content and photos are produced, documented and released.
- Assists in the orientation of new staff, enumerators and consultants/trainers by providing them with the necessary documents and materials for conducting program activities.
- Works with other projects team members to coordinate work activities, meet deadlines, and provide support where needed.
- Monitors a variety of activities on behalf of assigned manager for the purpose of achieving goals and meeting target dates.
- Participates in a variety of meetings, workshops, and/or trainings for the purpose of providing or receiving information, recording minutes, and supporting the needs of the attendees
- Organizes meetings and events.
- Compiles data from a variety of sources (e.g. work orders, budget reports, specialized reports, personnel records, etc.) for the purpose of complying with financial, legal, reporting and/or administrative requirements
- Participate in regular feedback sessions on all implementation findings;
- Ensure FSL project activities are developed in consultation with communities and ensure all project activities have considered the needs of the targeted households;
- Assist in carrying out needed assessments and data collection from the targeted areas;
- Coordinates the translation, proofreading and editing of documents as required.
- Processes financial documents including contracts, expense reports, invoices, etc.
- Works with and maintains data management and maintain hard copy and electronic filing system for projects/program.
- Serves as an administrator of work product with other projects/departments, i.e. finance, project development, research and MEAL, etc.
- Liaises and communicates with project field office staff, providing logistical and administrative support, as directed.
- Drafts contracts, budgets, and donor reports with direction from managers and head of programs.
- Assist Communications and Programs staff in creating and recording durable, memorable high resolutions images and filming for documentary as and when required.
- Collecting the data & requirements needed such as Videos, HQ Photos, News, Success Stories, and the required content which included monthly update with project activities to be added to the organization’s media channels such as website, bulletins, YouTube, LinkedIn and other advocacy channels on monthly manners
- Assist in budget tracking and ensure that the team's requirements are based on the available sources and budget.
- Collect and analyse project data including preparation of graphs and visual data from field teams
- Support the circulation of relevant information, reports memos and any other related document as well as with the partners and other stakeholders
- Attend meetings of the project partners and stakeholders where appropriate.
- Maintain the staff attendance including recording of staff leaves.
- Assist the project coordinator in reporting on the project as required by the various funding organizations and bodies.
- Ensure all financial documents are in order; manage records, file invoices, receipts, delivery orders and contracts.
- Assist the project accountant in keeping track of all contracts and ensures that payments and repayments are made on time.
- Support the Programme Manager in building capacity of and training field staff, daily/hourly workers and partner staff on undertaking assessments, distributions and verification and on the the organization’s cash programmes.
- Prepare the required documents of new projects (for SCAMCHA and MoPIC).
- Provide at least one article about the project activities per month supported with photos or videos.
- Responsible for some activities and project staff under the supervision of the Project Manager and in accordance to the project communication plan.
- Prepare first drafts of reports and send to Project Manager.
- Prepare advocacy plan of the project and have it approved by the by the Project Managers.
- Manage all the project data, MoVs, visual feeds and other documents and report any missing docs. to the Project Manager in timely manners.
- Contact CMU for any special or important events that need to be documented.
- Any other tasks assigned by the Project Manager
Education & Experience, and Competencies
- University degree and 2 years of relevant professional experience in a similar setting and capacity will be preferred.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills and teamwork-oriented.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organization skills.
- Good in written and verbal English and Arabic is required. Must be able to read and interpret documents, and communicate with others as necessary to perform job duties effectively
- Proficient in standard Microsoft Office package (Word, Excel, Outlook) and typing.
- Ability to travel as required within Yemen.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage personal stress levels.
- Sense of neutrality and ability to work across Yemen, in cooperation with all parties to the conflict.
- Strong communications skills and interpersonal skills.
- The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
- Knowledge of programme and budget and through understanding of wide range of administrative policies and procedures.
- Ability to work with word processing, spread sheet, web-browser, as well as other computer software packages required for work.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are to invited to apply through the below link by Sep 29th, 2021 at the latest:
**Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل
Jobs you may be interested in
Other jobs from Confidential
Web & Flutter Programmers (PHP, Flutter, Laravel, Python) (4)Deadline:30 Sep | Sana'a
Professional Sales Representative (مندوب مبيعات علمي )Deadline:24 Sep | Sana'a , Dhamar
Sales/Marketing Representative (مندوب مبيعات وتسويق)Deadline:25 Sep | Sana'a
Head of Marketing (رئيس قسم التسويق)Deadline:23 Sep | Sana'a
Sales/Marketing Manager- مدير المبيعات والتسويقDeadline:28 Sep | Sana'a