Casual Worker This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Location: Aden, Lahj, Abyan and Shabwah
Note: Position is open for Yemeni Nationals only.
Relief International (www.ri.org) is a leading humanitarian relief and development organization committed to transforming adversity into renewal for the world’s most vulnerable populations. By partnering with beneficiaries and communities on the frontlines, RI focuses on bridging the gap between immediate relief and long term community development. RI works in more than 21 countries across Africa, Asia and the Middle East.
Under the supervision of the line manager, the casual will dedicate 100% of his/her time in providing an efficient data collection required, facilitate the beneficiary’s complaint and feedback, ensuring awareness of the beneficiaries of all complaint and feedback mechanism, in additional to organizing and crowed control when required. The casual will have field and data collection skills and office experience as well as a high level of attention to detail and effective organizational and communication skills (both written and interpersonal.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand the objectives of multi sectorial need assessment, and cash assistance projects.
- Responsible for recording beneficiary’s complaint/ data required from field on daily bases and ensuring community feedback are accurately observed and reported to management
- Entry of complaints received/ data collected through the different channels (in person - hotline call – complaints boxes – etc.) via KOBO tool or excel as required.
- Ensuring confidentiality and accuracy of complaints/ data collected, as well as following good manners and behaviors as instructed for dealing with beneficiaries/ community and treating their complaints with responsibility.
- Providing useful and timely information to targeted communities to mitigate falls understanding of the activities.
- Ensuring that urgent and sensitive complaints/ data are addressed in a timely and appropriate manner
- Providing daily complaint and feedback report or any other reports as per RI required.
- Ensure the confidentiality of community/ beneficiaries’ data is respected, and this information is not shared with any irrelevant staff members or external person/organization
- Participate in crowed control – when needed- to ensure social distancing is respected due to COVID-19 risk.
- Make sure that all accountability posters, brochures, and other materials are properly installed in the distribution locations- if required-.
- Comply with RI’s policies and procedures with respect to code of conduct, child safeguard, gender mainstreaming, security and safety, and other relevant policies and procedures.
- Acting with appropriate respect for local culture, understanding and interpreting reactions in a culturally and gender sensitive way.
- Expertise to enter, transcribe, record, maintain data/ information on electronic forms
- Other duties as assigned by direct supervisor.
- Be present during all days of activity required (from start to finish)
- Ensure that all groups, including the handicapped and the marginalized, can access the complaint mechanism/ reached and identified.
- Acting as a focal point in activities sites to answer questions and respond to beneficiaries/ community as far as the information given by management.
- Gathering any relevant information from local communities or from implementing partners and reporting to management to solve issues effectively and in a timely manner.
- Return the RI’s digital devices (if it were used) in the same conditions that they have been received
Qualifications and Requirements:
- A minimum high school diploma or bachelor’s degree (preferably)
- Previous experience in the field work, preferably to include dealing with beneficiaries/ households.
- Previous experience in conducting field surveys, or with NGOs (preferably)
- High communication skills and the ability to deal with different groups in a friendly manner
- Maintain calm under pressure and negotiate in a flexible manner in complex situations
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and ability to properly record data
- The ability to exercise good judgment and make decisions quickly and independently
- The applicant must have a valid identity document
- The ability to use smart phone technology and / or computers or others
- English is not required for this position, but is preferred
Knowledge and skills
- Personable and able to build trusting relationships
- Able to remain impartial and maintain confidence
- Able to elicit/ transfer information without leading the interviewee/ beneficiaries
- Good communication skills
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
- Transparency and Accountability
- Agility and Innovation
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل