National Professional Officer (NCDs & Mental Health) This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
National Professional Officer (NCDs & Mental Health) - (2208814)
- Grade: NO-B
- Contractual Arrangement: Temporary appointment under Staff Rule 420.4
- Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days): Up to 12 months initially, to be extended based on the availability of funds, need for the position and performance.
- Posting Date: Nov 14, 2022, 3:13:02 PM
- Closing Date: Dec 7, 2022, 1:59:00 AM
- Primary Location: Yemen-Sana'a
- Organization: EM_YEM WHO Representative's Office, Yemen
- Schedule: Full-time
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device's system settings.
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
The objective of WHO Yemen programme is to reduce mortality and morbidity through increasing access to quality health care services. The main focus of the programme will be on strengthening the health system in Sana'a and supporting the health sector recovery and transition.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
The incumbent will perform the following duties:
1. Provide technical advice to NMH related national health staff with regards to ensure that NMH activities are implemented in accordance with WHO policy and internationally recognized standards.
2. Coordinate workshops, seminars and meetings for all NMH related program at the national level.
3. Coordinate with the local NMH managers from the zone to ensure the quality of training programs at local and zonal level to maximise the health staff skills.
4. Manage the logistics and storage of the supplies needed in the delivery of NCD prevention and control and mental health services in collaboration with medical storekeeper and logistic staff.5. Provide quarterly situation reports on progress, achievements and constraints.
6. Identify opportunities for potential partnerships at local level for NMH program support with UN agencies, international and national NGOs.
7. Constantly monitor NMH needs in the zone and propose appropriate action in collaboration with UN agencies, International and National NGOs in order to achieve NMH objectives.
- Essential: Bachelor's degree in medicine or public health.
- Desirable: Masters' degree in public health.
WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/.
- Essential: At least 2 years of relevant experience in NCD prevention and management and mental health. - Experience in working with local community and National authorities.
- Desirable: Work experience with UN system or international non-governmental organizations. Experience in developing countries.
Functional Knowledge and Skills
- Thorough knowledge of principles and programs of NMH and its management
- Sound skills in working with local community in particular rural level in setting priorities and development of action plans
- Proven skills in setting up of health priority programs in complex emergency situations and difficult circumstances primarily focusing on NCDs and mental health
- Ability to prioritize, organize, manage and adapt management style according to needs- Ability to work under pressure
Enhanced WHO Global Competency Model:
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Producing results
Use of Language Skills
- Essential: Excellent knowledge of English and local language.
Remuneration comprises an annual base salary starting at USD 41,349 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- For information on WHO's operations please visit: http://www.who.int
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- Applications from females are particularly encouraged.
- WHO prides itself on a workforce that adheres to the highest ethical and professional standards and that is committed to put the WHO Values Charter into practice.
- WHO has zero tolerance towards sexual exploitation and abuse (SEA), sexual harassment and other types of abusive conduct (i.e., discrimination, abuse of authority and harassment). All members of the WHO workforce have a role to play in promoting a safe and respectful workplace and should report to WHO any actual or suspected cases of SEA, sexual harassment and other types of abusive conduct. To ensure that individuals with a substantiated history of SEA, sexual harassment or other types of abusive conduct are not hired by the Organization, WHO will conduct a background verification of final candidates.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This is a National Professional Officer position. Therefore, only applications from nationals of the country where the duty station is located will be accepted. Applicants who are not nationals of this country will not be considered.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل